Windows 10: Forgot pin—no startup settings in winre

Discus and support Forgot pin—no startup settings in winre in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, what do I do to access my computer when the pin disappears from pass manager an I’ve got no internet due to moving? Wait till I have internet?As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VICTOR SEED MUNNICH, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Forgot pin—no startup settings in winre

Hi, what do I do to access my computer when the pin disappears from pass manager an I’ve got no internet due to moving? Wait till I have internet?As title says I’ve got into windows recovery environment but I can’t see startup settings and yes, I am on the right page - tried the command prompt method of ASO but no luck, can’t cd c:\ either.Help appreciated, Victor

:)

VICTOR SEED MUNNICH, Aug 3, 2021

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Forgot pin—no startup settings in winre :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Forgot pin—no startup settings in winre

set a pin on startup

Hello happyfran,

I'd like to get more information. To get started, can you please tell us more about your concern.

If you want to use Pin as a password to log in to Windows 10, you may follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Open Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Add.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Forgot pin—no startup settings in winre

1. Forgot pin—no startup settings in winre - Similar Threads - Forgot pin—no startup

2. Forgot PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  3. Forgot PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  4. Forgot PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Forgot Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  6. Forgot Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  7. Forgot Pin

8. forgot pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374
  9. forgot pin

forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374
  10. WINRE problem, srt.txt file (forgot name)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINRE problem, srt.txt file (forgot name): I need help please. I tried to open my laptop this morning asus tuf gaming fx504, i got a WINRE and its srt/srt.txt or whatever and i have tried bootrec /fixbooy and it says access denied please help and this happened adter the 15 of june update...