Windows 10: forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc

Discus and support forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can sign in with my pin but have forgotten my password.....is there anyway to reset the pw? I don't have a password reset tool disk made.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BarryMeeks, Dec 17, 2018.

1. forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc

I can sign in with my pin but have forgotten my password.....is there anyway to reset the pw? I don't have a password reset tool disk made.

:)

BarryMeeks, Dec 17, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Forgot Windows 10 password...

So I fired up my laptop in order to use it to flash a router without mucking around with the rest of my networking... and I forgot the password to log in. Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling windows, or downloading a Linux LiveCD? (If I do have to download something, I'd prefer the file size to be as small as possible, because of evil data caps)

3. I forgot my windows 10 user password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to sign-in as you forgot your password. We will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps:

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 17, 2018
  4. forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc

forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc

1. forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc - Similar Threads - forgot sign password

2. Forgot password to sign in on Lenovo Thinkcenter Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password to sign in on Lenovo Thinkcenter Desktop PC: I have an old work computer and I’m trying to reset it for personal use. Tried holding shift and troubleshoot and reset pc. Chose Remove everything option and it just goes right back to the same screen upon restarting and it still requiring a password. Will not let me enter...
  3. Forgot password to sign in on Lenovo Thinkcenter Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot password to sign in on Lenovo Thinkcenter Desktop PC: I have an old work computer and I’m trying to reset it for personal use. Tried holding shift and troubleshoot and reset pc. Chose Remove everything option and it just goes right back to the same screen upon restarting and it still requiring a password. Will not let me enter...
  4. Forgot password to sign in on Lenovo Thinkcenter Desktop PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forgot password to PC on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot password to PC on windows: Hi everyone,I forgot the password to my PC and I have no idea how to get it back. Is there any way to get the password back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-pc-on-windows/fa7e0c0c-427c-4a9c-beb7-bdb628911b13
  6. Forgot password and no picture sign in

Forgot password and no picture sign in: I have a picture sign in option and I always log in using the picture up until I forgot my password (my bad). Last night my power was out and computer shut down. when I try to log in, the picture sign in is not an option, how do i make it an option?...
  7. SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD): Hello dear Microsoft community, After someone borrowed my laptop, I cannot sign in because I used to sign in using my pin. I haven't used my password for years and cannot remember it. Also, there is no option under the password space to change to pin. I've also tried to...
  8. Forgot password on PC

Forgot password on PC: Hey so I own a IBUYPOWER TRACE 940 and I put a password on it when I bought it but I also put a pin and I would use pin to get into my PC, and so today I was trying to seat picture password and it need verification so when I tried my password I remembered it didn't work and I...
  9. Forgot pc password

Forgot pc password: I forgot my pc log in password. I dont wat to delete all files. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/forgot-pc-password/cde11668-277f-4ddb-8d00-c06d088cda38"
  10. Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password: I am having trouble signing into Windows 10. A few days ago I noticed the system was running slow so I did a reset of Windows 10. When everything was ready to setup again, I set up my user account with my usual password, however, when asked if I wanted to link to my Microsoft...