Windows 10: Forgot to backup before system reset, RIP.

Discus and support Forgot to backup before system reset, RIP. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Lost a lot of old photos from my childhood etc. Laptop was running slowly for weeks so I factory reset it and forgot to make a backup of the folder of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lingardinhooo, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Forgot to backup before system reset, RIP.

Lost a lot of old photos from my childhood etc.

Laptop was running slowly for weeks so I factory reset it and forgot to make a backup of the folder of a lot of my childhood pictures. Is there any way to recover them? Feel like such an idiot I didn’t even think

submitted by /u/Lingardinhooo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lingardinhooo, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jul 26, 2020
  3. something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2020
  4. thebuddha Win User

Forgot to backup before system reset, RIP.

If a system restore restores the registry to how it was before, then how come a trial version of a program does not reset?

I do the following in the given order:

1. Create a system restore point. There is a note of what the registry looks like
    2. Download a program which has a trial of X days
    3. When that trial runs out, use system restore to return to the previous point before the program installation

After these steps, the trial for the program does not reset, even though the registry returned to how it was before. Why is this?

thebuddha, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Forgot to backup before system reset, RIP.

1. Forgot to backup before system reset, RIP. - Similar Threads - Forgot backup before

2. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before: Hi There, ok so i Encrypted some of my files in My computer and also changed My computer password, but i forgot My computer password so i reset My PC, but after resetting My PC i can't open or copy or move those Encrypted Files since the ownership changed after resetting My...
  3. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before: Hi There, ok so i Encrypted some of my files in My computer and also changed My computer password, but i forgot My computer password so i reset My PC, but after resetting My PC i can't open or copy or move those Encrypted Files since the ownership changed after resetting My...
  4. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Backup files or system image before reinstalling OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup files or system image before reinstalling OS?: Hi guys, So i'm trying to do a clean OS reinstallation (Windows 10) and I would love if my files as well as all my application can be restored easily so I would have exactly the same system as before (but with a clean install of the OS). This means my windows settings,...
  6. Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before.: I've ripped a disc to one library on my computer using mp3 format. But, for a few of the discs, I wanted to re-rip them in FLAC format. When I replace the disc, the RIP column comes up "Ripped to Library". How can I get around this, so I can rip this disc in the different...
  7. forgot to paste before copying another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    forgot to paste before copying another: I forgot to paste very important copied text and copied another, is there any way to get that back? the text is not available anymore. submitted by /u/natihash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fe4guv/forgot_to_paste_before_copying_another/
  8. Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install: I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get...
  9. Is backup of apps possible before a reset??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is backup of apps possible before a reset??: Hello, when doing a reset you can choose "keep personal files", but it will still delete all your apps that you have installed that were not included with the pc. Is it possible to back these apps up in order to restore after the reset is finished?? Thanks! 117486
  10. System Backup before RAID 0

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Backup before RAID 0: Hey Guys, I am planning on doing a RAID 0 with my two 1TB HDD's and I was wondering if a system image backup onto an external HDD will work for restoring my OS, programs, and files to the newly raided drives. 87071