Windows 10: Forgot to block W10 Feature Update 1903 with Show or Hide Updates Tool

Discus and support Forgot to block W10 Feature Update 1903 with Show or Hide Updates Tool in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I use the Windows 10 Show or Hide Updates Tool (wushowhide) every day to check what updates want to download. So I can hide them if I don't want them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sonicwind, Aug 28, 2019.

1. sonicwind Win User

Forgot to block W10 Feature Update 1903 with Show or Hide Updates Tool

I use the Windows 10 Show or Hide Updates Tool (wushowhide) every day to check what updates want to download. So I can hide them if I don't want them.

Today, I forgot to hide the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903, on one of my computers before I shut down. So I assume it hasn't downloaded to my system yet, but it will if I turn it on again.

Is there a way to undo this and prevent it from downloading when I turn it on again?

I see there are ways to stop it if it has already downloaded. I don't see anything to prevent it from downloading and reset it for the Show or Hide Updates Tool.

Thanks so much. This is for Windows 10 Home.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add that the computer uses Ethernet and it is set to a Metered Connection. Will that stop a Feature Update from downloading?

:)

sonicwind, Aug 28, 2019

2. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 28, 2019
  3. How to block future features updates

Hello Escape,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If you like, you can block/hide the feature update using these steps:

1. Download Show or hide updates tool from Microsoft:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2....

2. Select Hide updates option.

3. Select the feature update you want to block and click Next.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Aug 28, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892?

That update appeared explicitly in the above list for me and it was easy to block. It appears the update has not been offered to you yet.

Steve C, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Forgot to block W10 Feature Update 1903 with Show or Hide Updates Tool - Similar Threads - Forgot block W10

2. Hide Updates Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide Updates Tool: If new windows update comes, i will hide this update then become up to date. After few days, i don't know i have to unhide this update or i have to leave it hidden first. Because i'm not ready for new windows update....
  3. Hide Updates Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide Updates Tool: If new windows update comes, i will hide this update then become up to date. After few days, i don't know i have to unhide this update or i have to leave it hidden first. Because i'm not ready for new windows update....
  4. Hide Updates Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Show or Hide Updates Tool - is it still available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Show or Hide Updates Tool - is it still available?: Hi. I had a problem which I fixed by uninstalling KB4601345. Naturally, I don't want that Update to install again so I googled myself to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-19219ef19cc1 Clicking on the link to the tool leads to a 404 error. Is the Show or Hide...
  6. Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable: I've been trying to hide this driver that keeps on reinstalling on Windows update. The driver that I have installed is the latest driver from AMD's website. Windows keeps on trying to reinstall this update that is older and it's really annoying. I've done some research and...
  7. Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update: Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be...
  8. W10 update 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 update 1903: Hi My laptop has just updated to Windows 10 v.1903 of its own volition - disaster !! My data files - disappeared. Most of my apps and desktop shortcuts - disappeared. My email accounts - disappeared. My bookmarks - disappeared. My settings - disappeared....
  9. Update to W10 /1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to W10 /1903: Hey,,,,, Is it possible to pause the Update Assistant tool and resume the updating of W10????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? PLEASE MAKE YOUR ANSWER WITHOUT "CTRL+C"/"CTRL+V"...
  10. Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool: Basically Windows 10 1809 does not work well with my systems at all. I have one Lenovo and one HP laptop that when the update installed the speed of the computers slowed down by maybe 25 to 35 percent. On each laptop if I unplug from a power source the screen just gets...