Windows 10: Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to...

Discus and support Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Actually I changed my laptop and forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to my new computer. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MehdiKhalaj, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to...

Actually I changed my laptop and forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to my new computer.

However, immediate after installing on new device I deactivated it from the old device. at the moment no product ID is activated on my old laptop.

is there any problem now? what will happen? I am so concern

:)

MehdiKhalaj, Jul 12, 2020
  2. JL0xd Win User

Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to another computer

Hi, I've purchased a free Windows 10 Education license from my university a year ago. Lately I've bought a new computer that came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I've tried to transfer my win10 education product key to this new computer
    but I've forgot to deactivate the key at my old computer before traded it in, and now my new computer is in notification mode. Is there any alternative besides purchasing another education license?

JL0xd, Jul 12, 2020
  3. JL0xd Win User
    Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to another computer

The old device is not in use by anybody and unfortunately the edu product key is still installed on it, and the device is not with me.

Is there any way that can remotely transfer the product key to my new computer without accessing the old computer?

JL0xd, Jul 12, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to...

Hi JL0xd,

Deactivating a Product Key on a system, does not really do anything, with regards to licencing . ..

Is that old PC in use by someone else?

If it is, that product key will stay with tha device, unless your installed a different Edition *home Pro . . etc.) before parting with it

If that device is no longer in use, you can just use your Product Key on the new PC:

Have that product key at hand and contact Microsoft Support and ask them to help you re-activate your Windows 10

Choose a local Phone Number:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13948/...

DaveM121, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to...

1. Forgot to deactivate old computer's product key before transferring the product key to... - Similar Threads - Forgot deactivate old

2. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I forgot to deactivate my product key.: How do I activate windows now?I forgot to deactivate the product key on my old PC before transferring to a new PC .I have now erased the drive. I do not want to buy a new product key. I honestly don't know what to do other than purchasi.ng another product key.If you can...
  3. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot to deactivate my product key.: How do I activate windows now?I forgot to deactivate the product key on my old PC before transferring to a new PC .I have now erased the drive. I do not want to buy a new product key. I honestly don't know what to do other than purchasi.ng another product key.If you can...
  4. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  6. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  7. transfer product key

transfer product key: i upgraded my laptop windows 10 from Home to Pro. The laptop has died and been replaced, can i transfer my Pro upgrade to my replacement laptop which i would like to move from Home to Pro also?...
  8. Deactivate product key

Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  9. Transfer Product Key

Transfer Product Key: Hi. My laptop is already 6 years old. I would like to change the HDD to SSD. I buy this laptop with original windows 8 already installed and then upgrade it to windows 10 during free windows 10 upgrade (not remember which year). Can I uninstall the product key on HDD and...
  10. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...