Windows 10: Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will...

Discus and support Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built a new PC and used my Windows 10 Home (RETAIL) product key to activate W10 on it. I realised afterwards that I didn't "deactivate" the key from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sevcy, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Sevcy Win User

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will...

I built a new PC and used my Windows 10 Home (RETAIL) product key to activate W10 on it. I realised afterwards that I didn't "deactivate" the key from the old PC and unfortunately I don't have access to the old motherboard anymore.

Question - If someone uses the old motherboard and attach their boot drive with an existing Windows 10 installed (assuming no clean install), will they end up using my Windows 10 Home or does activating it on my new PC automatically "remove" it from the old one?

:)

Sevcy, Oct 7, 2019

2. how to transfer my old pc's windows 10 key into my new pc's windows 10

i bought the new pc and i want to transfer my old pc's windows 10 key in my new pc's windows 10.

I dont have written key, but i have digital key in my Microsoft account. how to find key in my microsoft account.

And im already deactivated windows 10 in my old PC using CMD.

Suprabhat Singh, Oct 7, 2019
  3. pcman3550 Win User
    Deactivating old PC /reactivating on Parallels on Mac

I attempted to deactivate my old PC and did so successfully. Advice from a internet search recommended that I run slmgr.vbs -upk
    on the admin command prompt. This appears to have worked successfully. When I checked the old PC under activate, it indicated a deactivated windows 10. I now migrated my WIN 10 to my Mac Parallels the same copy of the my old Windows 7,8, now version
    10 using the same original key. Now this was a genuine copy of Windows 7 when I first purchased it. Now that I got this copy running successfully, I get a message on my windows 10 copy that it needs to be activated. My copy of windows 10 now shows the
    last group of key characters to be the same as the original. I'm now attempting the re-enter the same key on the new system and it says that it's no longer genuine. I went to the Microsoft Store to continue the activation process and it sits with a message
    indicating that it will make my copy of Windows genuine shortly. It sits in this mode forever and never gets anywhere. If it means purchasing a new, I'm ok with that. I just don't know where to go next. I'm stuck in limbo now. Will my copy of windows eventually
    stop working? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

pcman3550, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Hex213 Win User

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will...

Transfer Windows 10 from a non-usable PC (but still in microsoft account) to new PC

Hello! I recently built a PC and formatted my old SSD (that was running windows) to use on my new PC. Unfortunately, I forgot to deactivate windows before I completely wiped the SSD. The old "computer" is still connected to my microsoft account. Is there
    a way to deactivate Windows from that old non-working (non-existent actually) PC to reactivate on my current one? Thanks for any help!

Hex213, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will... - Similar Threads - Forgot deactivate Home

2. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...: I own a Windows license purchased from the Microsoft Store. I didn't realize I'd need to remove it manually from my old PC before using it on my new one I assumed I could just activate it on the new one and have the old one become defunct, I'm spoiled by how dead simple and...
  3. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...: I own a Windows license purchased from the Microsoft Store. I didn't realize I'd need to remove it manually from my old PC before using it on my new one I assumed I could just activate it on the new one and have the old one become defunct, I'm spoiled by how dead simple and...
  4. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...: Did a upgrade but forgot to de-activate my product key, is there a way i can use the key with out having to buy a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-to-deactivate-windows-10-pro-key-from-old/571d1469-f275-45ff-9ebe-308aa99260e1
  6. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...: Did a upgrade but forgot to de-activate my product key, is there a way i can use the key with out having to buy a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-to-deactivate-windows-10-pro-key-from-old/571d1469-f275-45ff-9ebe-308aa99260e1
  7. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...

New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...: Basically I had to buy a new pc because the old one broke completely. Now I have to activate windows on it but the activation key is not working since I didn't deactivate it on the old device. How to deactivate it? Or just buy a new license?...
  9. Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC: Hi there, I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it. Regards Sameer M...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Home from an old laptop to a new PC?

Transfer Windows 10 Home from an old laptop to a new PC?: Hi, a few months ago, I bought a refurbished PC from my local store which came with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. Everything was fine until recently, I'm getting a message to activate my copy of windows. I also own a windows 10 laptop on which I activated my windows 10 home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I returned my motherboard but forgot to deactivate windows

2. i forgot to deactivate windows 10 key

3. deactivate windows on non working pc

4. how to deactivate windows key if i dont have access to the machine,
  5. deactivate windows on old computer,
  6. forgot to deactive windows in old motherboard,
  7. wiped computer windows needs to be reactivated,
  8. deactivate windows on my old pc,
  9. forgot to deactivate windows