Windows 10: Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

Discus and support Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Did a upgrade but forgot to de-activate my product key, is there a way i can use the key with out having to buy a new one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by B4dW0lF, Jan 12, 2022.

1. B4dW0lF Win User

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

Did a upgrade but forgot to de-activate my product key, is there a way i can use the key with out having to buy a new one?

:)

B4dW0lF, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Sevcy Win User

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will there be issues if someone uses the old PC/motherboard?

I built a new PC and used my Windows 10 Home (RETAIL) product key to activate W10 on it. I realised afterwards that I didn't "deactivate" the key from the old PC and unfortunately I don't have access to the old motherboard anymore.

Question - If someone uses the old motherboard and attach their boot drive with an existing Windows 10 installed (assuming no clean install), will they end up using my Windows 10 Home or does activating it on my new PC automatically "remove" it from the
    old one?

Sevcy, Jan 12, 2022
  3. LeslieSin Win User
    deactivate to activate windows 10 pro

I have window 10 home installed and Windows Pro activated on my old PC. Now I have an new PC with Windows 10 home activated. How can I deactivate Windows Pro on old PC and reactivate on my new PC.

LeslieSin, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Sevcy Win User

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will there be issues if someone uses the old PC/motherboard?

Hi,

Yeah I didn't deactivate/uninstall the key at all from the old motherboard. I assumed that simply entering the same product key on the new one would transfer/deactivate it from the old motherboard.

I'm currently using my new PC with the same product key all activated and still linked to my Microsoft account.

Sevcy, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I... - Similar Threads - Forgot deactivate pro

2. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...: I own a Windows license purchased from the Microsoft Store. I didn't realize I'd need to remove it manually from my old PC before using it on my new one I assumed I could just activate it on the new one and have the old one become defunct, I'm spoiled by how dead simple and...
  3. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...: I own a Windows license purchased from the Microsoft Store. I didn't realize I'd need to remove it manually from my old PC before using it on my new one I assumed I could just activate it on the new one and have the old one become defunct, I'm spoiled by how dead simple and...
  4. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...: Did a upgrade but forgot to de-activate my product key, is there a way i can use the key with out having to buy a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-to-deactivate-windows-10-pro-key-from-old/571d1469-f275-45ff-9ebe-308aa99260e1
  6. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 pro key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Anything I...: Did a upgrade but forgot to de-activate my product key, is there a way i can use the key with out having to buy a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-to-deactivate-windows-10-pro-key-from-old/571d1469-f275-45ff-9ebe-308aa99260e1
  7. New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...

New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...: Basically I had to buy a new pc because the old one broke completely. Now I have to activate windows on it but the activation key is not working since I didn't deactivate it on the old device. How to deactivate it? Or just buy a new license?...
  8. Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC: Hi there, I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it. Regards Sameer M...
  9. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...
  10. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will...

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will...: I built a new PC and used my Windows 10 Home (RETAIL) product key to activate W10 on it. I realised afterwards that I didn't "deactivate" the key from the old PC and unfortunately I don't have access to the old motherboard anymore. Question - If someone uses the old...