Windows 10: Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

Discus and support Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Southern Yankee, May 15, 2019.

1. Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get full access to the 6tb). If I do a complete reset, will Windows 10 give me a chance again to disconnect the HDD before installing? To clarify, does a fresh reset mean "reset and automatically install Windows" or will the process stop after the reset (like everything was before I posted)? Dam I am pissed I screwed this up but I am new to all this. Thank you

:)

Southern Yankee, May 15, 2019
  2. little cat, May 15, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 15, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

unlock hdd

Johankaan, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

1. Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install - Similar Threads - Forgot Unhook HDD

2. Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?: Hello. Is it necessary to run DBAN to erase the information from the disk, before I install Windows 10, so it can be guaranteed there won't be information from the previous OS, which could lead to malfunction and software conflicts when the old information is mixed with the...
  3. Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?: Hello. Is it necessary to run DBAN to erase the information from the disk, before I install Windows 10, so it can be guaranteed there won't be information from the previous OS, which could lead to malfunction and software conflicts when the old information is mixed with the...
  4. Forgotted bios and Hdd password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotted bios and Hdd password: I haven’t use my computer for 4 month when I return I don’t remember the bios password and hdd it keep blocking me from entering my windows or even my bios I really need to reset it or I smash my computer already...
  5. Forgotted bios and Hdd password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotted bios and Hdd password: I haven’t use my computer for 4 month when I return I don’t remember the bios password and hdd it keep blocking me from entering my windows or even my bios I really need to reset it or I smash my computer already...
  6. Forgotted bios and Hdd password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Should i remove hdd before installing windows on ssd?

Should i remove hdd before installing windows on ssd?: Hi~ I'm using a laptop and i intend to reinstall windows 10 on my new ssd. Is it necessary to remove my hdd no windows installed before installing windows 10 on ssd? If yes, what is the reason of this? Thank you in advance!...
  8. forgot to paste before copying another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    forgot to paste before copying another: I forgot to paste very important copied text and copied another, is there any way to get that back? the text is not available anymore. submitted by /u/natihash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fe4guv/forgot_to_paste_before_copying_another/
  9. Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install

Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get...
  10. Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install

Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get...