Windows 10: Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

Discus and support Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Southern Yankee, May 15, 2019 at 2:17 PM.

1. Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get full access to the 6tb). If I do a complete reset, will Windows 10 give me a chance again to disconnect the HDD before installing? To clarify, does a fresh reset mean "reset and automatically install Windows" or will the process stop after the reset (like everything was before I posted)? Dam I am pissed I screwed this up but I am new to all this. Thank you

:)

Southern Yankee, May 15, 2019 at 2:17 PM
  2. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

3. Johankaan Win User

Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

unlock hdd

Thema:

Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install

1. Forgot to Unhook HDD before Windows Install - Similar Threads - Forgot Unhook HDD

2. Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get...
  3. Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install

Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get...
  4. Forgot password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot password: My mother forgot her password and now she can't get into her computer. And no she didn't do the password reset wizard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password/d8580ea9-bb6e-4e2c-895c-a853ec3d8beb
  5. Forgot Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password: Hi, I forgot my windows 10 password, and not connected to online accounts. I always login using pin usually and now totally forget my password. How can I reset it? I don't have reset disk as well. Thanks...
  6. Forgot password

Forgot password: I forgot password on my pc... I am not getting a code to my fone.. So used my tablet for reset account live... It says sign out and sign in again.. If I do that I can't get access on either device... Well I didn't forget my password I did a reset save data on my pc cos of...
  7. Forgot password

Forgot password: Forgot password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/forgot-password/bced991f-7b0f-4605-8574-65950150f9b3
  8. Getting a new cpu/mobo. when to format hdd? before install or can it b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting a new cpu/mobo. when to format hdd? before install or can it b: Getting a new cpu/mobo. when to format hdd? before install or can it be done after I install the new stuff? Was kinda thinking of putting the new stuff in then turning it on, and then.. formatting if I remember how btw... how do I do this again? with windows 10 dvd Also...
  9. Install second hdd

Install second hdd: Hi. Just decided to install a second HDD to hold my documents photos etc how would I set that drive H to save my items. I want all my stuff to save to that H HHD automatic upon selecting save as. My C drive has the O/P and all programs. Any help please. Thanks. 89943
  10. format partition before installation

format partition before installation: Hi there, I did a clean install of windows 10 (previously i had windows 7 64 bit) and when asked me where to install windows 10 there were the options 1) the partition where i had windows 7 110 gb ssd and 2) system reserved ~100 mb. I want to know if there is a problem or...