Windows 10: Forgot Win 10 Password, Tried to Rename "utilman.exe", But Getting This Error

Discus and support Forgot Win 10 Password, Tried to Rename "utilman.exe", But Getting This Error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi It's been a while since I've used my laptop OS -Win 10, very old version, and now I can't remember it's password. I did a little digging on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rihdf5656456, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Forgot Win 10 Password, Tried to Rename "utilman.exe", But Getting This Error

Hi

It's been a while since I've used my laptop OS -Win 10, very old version, and now I can't remember it's password.

I did a little digging on the internet, and found this video: https://youtu.be/7MeiiBygFWQ

The technique in the video looks promising but, whenever I try to rename "utilman.exe" [found inside Windows>>System32] I get this error:

bmrui.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception 0xc06d007e occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFB703FA1C8

I've also attached a screenshot of this error below, please check. Forgot Win 10 Password, Tried to Rename "utilman.exe", But Getting This Error f86fac22-46a8-47eb-a0a3-6ed7ad9c289f?upload=true.jpg

:)

rihdf5656456, Feb 13, 2021

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password

You may also refer to the below article.

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Forgot password....

I changed my aunts password on her laptop and I forgot it.

I tried opening up a cmd sheel and tried net user, but her name doesnt show up on the network. How can I change if from the bios or something?

lollerskater69, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Forgot Win 10 Password, Tried to Rename "utilman.exe", But Getting This Error

forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Forgot Win 10 Password, Tried to Rename "utilman.exe", But Getting This Error

1. Forgot Win 10 Password, Tried to Rename "utilman.exe", But Getting This Error - Similar Threads - Forgot Password Tried

2. Forgot my password and security questions in win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my password and security questions in win 10: Tried changed password through Microsoft sign in, it changed but iill can't access my laptop. It still says incorrect and hints at old password. What should i do???...
  3. Forgot my password and security questions in win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my password and security questions in win 10: Tried changed password through Microsoft sign in, it changed but iill can't access my laptop. It still says incorrect and hints at old password. What should i do???...
  4. Forgot my password and security questions in win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  6. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  7. Forgot Password

Forgot Password: Hello Everyone,I completely forgot my password to log into my Windows 10 Dell laptop. I did try to reset the password from the login screen, and it said password was reset successfully. However, I still cannot log in with my new password, which is the same as my live.com...
  8. Forgot password to get into computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password to get into computer: I have forgotten my password for a laptop that I had not used for a few weeks. There is no box for "reset password," even though I do notuse a pin. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  9. Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 safe mode but forgot password: I am stuck at the opening window of Safe Mode (windows 10) and I forgot my password. I used another device to create a new password but none is accepted by my machine? What can I do to recover the password at Safe Mode? Thank you!...
  10. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...