Windows 10: Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password

Discus and support Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a comcast account linked to a windows 10 account. I no longer have that email, or access to it. I don't even remember the password. I have the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by John London, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password

I have a comcast account linked to a windows 10 account. I no longer have that email, or access to it. I don't even remember the password.

I have the windows 10 account set to a pin, which I have. So I can log into windows the account with the pin. I want to remove the pin, but can't do it without the account password. I no longer have access to the email account. How can I remove the pin, and set the account to local?

Thanks in advance...

:)

John London, Dec 31, 2018

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Remember PIN but forgot password

So, I remember my PIN for my account, which is an Administrator type Account, but I forgot my password. I tried reseting my password but because it asks me to enter my forgotten password, i can't reset my password. And also, my windows
    user isn't connected with my Microsoft Account yet, so it is impossible to change my local password from this website. I am currently using
    Windows 10, latest version. And as long as I remember, I never change my password and I still remember it very well, but windows said that the password is incorrect, and since I've been using PIN for a long time, i forgot if
    I changed the password or not. Please help, Thank you very much.

VenturoParvaiz, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password

can't remove PIN due to password problem

Thanks for the response, but my problem is not the PIN, it is the request for a password to remove my PIN. I can remove my PIN using your suggestions, but will the password issue remain if I want to change other security features?

WelcomeMama, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password

1. Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password - Similar Threads - Forgot Password pin

2. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  3. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  4. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  5. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  6. Forgot PIN and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN and Password: I am logged into my computer via thumbprint. Since I have been using my thumbprint, I have forgotten my PIN and password. How do I change them so I can access my computer without my thumbprint?...
  7. Windows 10 forgot pin/password,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgot pin/password,: Windows 10 forgot pin/password, all of the answers "Locked" how do we unlock to get any help??? Understand Hackers may have access but why put on this site if we can use!!!...
  8. Forgot PIN and Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN and Password: Hello, I forgot my PIN and password for my windows 10 laptop because I didnt use it for a long time Now i cant connect I didnt found any "forgot passowrd" link to get my password on outlook. My outlook is linked to my laptop but they dont have the same password....
  9. Forgot PIN and Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN and Password: I cannot remember my PIN nor password for a Win10 laptop. Finger print scan still works but says I also have to enter my PIN. Is there any way to recover without doing a full reset and losing all data?...
  10. have PIN forgot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    have PIN forgot password: been using the pin so long I have forgotten my password for Windows 10. Other than resetting everything is there a way to reset the password. No my password is not part of my Microsoft account. thanks Jesseb 62108