Windows 10: Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?

Discus and support Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that is over a decade old. It used to use windows 7... then last year or 6 months ago, i took it out and recall i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, May 7, 2021.

1. Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?

Have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that is over a decade old. It used to use windows 7... then last year or 6 months ago, i took it out and recall i could upgrade to windows 10 pro for free. I did the upgrade then turned it off and did not use it for 6 months. I turned on the desktop now and do not remember my windows 10 password. Is there a way to fix or reset this? Did recall a while back people said the windows 10 password is basically useless and could be bypassed with ease. I typed a few passwords that I think it could be... but it is not working.

:)

paulyjustin, May 7, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Forgot Windows 10 password...

So I fired up my laptop in order to use it to flash a router without mucking around with the rest of my networking... and I forgot the password to log in. Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling windows, or downloading a Linux LiveCD? (If I do have to download something, I'd prefer the file size to be as small as possible, because of evil data caps)

3. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?

Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    http://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-10-password-without-using-third-party-tools/

Ahhzz, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?

1. Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop? - Similar Threads - Forgot Password Desktop

2. Forgot Windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows 10 password: My problem is I forgot my password and then I reseted it then I got another problem called "your pc is no longer avaliable due to security changes" then if have to open command prompt or something else it requires password which I don't know.. so please answer me or I'll lose...
  3. Forgot Windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot Windows 10 password: My problem is I forgot my password and then I reseted it then I got another problem called "your pc is no longer avaliable due to security changes" then if have to open command prompt or something else it requires password which I don't know.. so please answer me or I'll lose...
  4. Forgot password to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password to desktop: I hadn’t used my desktop in a long time, and discovered that I’ve forgotten the Windows password to login. I’m not getting any prompts for security questions, just a button to reset the password via disk, but I did not set that up. I bought this computer in 2016 and it...
  5. Forgot password to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot password to desktop: I hadn’t used my desktop in a long time, and discovered that I’ve forgotten the Windows password to login. I’m not getting any prompts for security questions, just a button to reset the password via disk, but I did not set that up. I bought this computer in 2016 and it...
  6. Forgot password to desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Forgot password windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot password windows 10: Hi,I forgot the password for windows 10 and it is not linked to microsoft account, no security question or password recovery wizard, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-windows-10/f9a40ad7-13d9-4092-9a4c-7eba99ac426d
  8. Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?: Have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that is over a decade old. It used to use windows 7... then last year or 6 months ago, i took it out and recall i could upgrade to windows 10 pro for free. I did the upgrade then turned it off and did not use it for 6 months. I turned on the...
  9. Forgot Windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot Windows 10 password: I have forgotten the password and the Reset Password option opens the Wizard and says 'first create a password reset disc'. I click Next and it says, Password Key disc is in drive F: I click Next and it says, File Not Found - this disc is not a password reset disc....
  10. Forgot window 10 password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot window 10 password: I forgot my window 10 password but i know the PIN of it. My laptop shows some errors while installation of a software and some when using a program.I tried with Cmd promt to change password but not get it also administration access is not working . I'm not able ro open...