Windows 10: Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

Discus and support Forgot windows password but can login with PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .Now Widgets on mt PC are not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RDB11, Jun 14, 2022.

1. RDB11 Win User

Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .Now Widgets on mt PC are not working. I try signing with the windows hello PIN but the app crashes and asks for signing info again.I wanted to create a Forgot password Flash drive but the system again asks for the password and not windows hello PIN before such a drive can be created. Is there any way I can reset my Password in this situation. PS..... I shifted from a local account to Microsoft account but of no avail.

:)

RDB11, Jun 14, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 14, 2022
  3. Forgot Login PIN

Hello,

I setup a login pin on my Laptop Account using my email address. I forgot my PIN and i cannot access my laptop anymore. How can i remove the PIN using my microsoft account? I already know its password.

KolaynaArnaout, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

Cannot remember password and PIN to login

Hi,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you require to create a password prior to the creation of the PIN. If you remember the password, click on the sign-in options under the password box in the login screen.

If you forgot your Microsoft account password,
    follow these steps.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

1. Forgot windows password but can login with PIN - Similar Threads - Forgot password login

2. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  3. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  4. Forgot login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  5. Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot windows password but can login with PIN: I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .Now Widgets on mt PC are not working. I try signing with the windows hello PIN but the app crashes and asks for signing info again.I wanted to create a Forgot...
  6. Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password: Hi,This windows laptop has three accounts configured with one account as admin. Unfortunately, I forgot the PIN for the Admin account. If the other members trying to download any app it asks for Admin account PIN. Though I remember the Admin account password, I don't have the...
  7. Forgot Password for Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password for Login: Hi, I know my pin, but I do not know the password. How do I reset the password for my login? And I mean for the login to my laptop, not my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-for-login/db45ffde-269d-481a-ae7d-563b913ae619
  8. Forgot PIN and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN and Password: I am logged into my computer via thumbprint. Since I have been using my thumbprint, I have forgotten my PIN and password. How do I change them so I can access my computer without my thumbprint?...
  9. Forgot PIN and Password

Forgot PIN and Password: Hello, I forgot my PIN and password for my windows 10 laptop because I didnt use it for a long time Now i cant connect I didnt found any "forgot passowrd" link to get my password on outlook. My outlook is linked to my laptop but they dont have the same password....
  10. Forgot PIN and Password

Forgot PIN and Password: I cannot remember my PIN nor password for a Win10 laptop. Finger print scan still works but says I also have to enter my PIN. Is there any way to recover without doing a full reset and losing all data?...