Windows 10: Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work

Discus and support Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All I tried a full reset of my laptop windows 10 and somehow the process didn't go to the end and brought me back to the Login screen, but now it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TaulantLushaj, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work

Hi All I tried a full reset of my laptop windows 10 and somehow the process didn't go to the end and brought me back to the Login screen, but now it says, "YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A SECURITY SETTINGS CHANGE TO YOUR DEVICE" and now I don't know my account password either. I changed the Microsoft account password online, but still says the password is incorrect. I try to reset the pc again but the process doesn't go until the end and takes me back to the login screen and I can't access 'safe mode' nor run the 'command prompt' as all these features are password protected and I

:)

TaulantLushaj, Aug 10, 2022
  2. RDB11 Win User

Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .

Now Widgets on mt PC are not working. I try signing with the windows hello PIN but the app crashes and asks for signing info again.

I wanted to create a Forgot password Flash drive but the system again asks for the password (and not windows hello PIN) before such a drive can be created.

Is there any way I can reset my Password in this situation.

PS..... I shifted from a local account to Microsoft account but of no avail.

RDB11, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work

Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    Reset Windows 10 password without using third party tools

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work

1. Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work - Similar Threads - Forgotted Login Password

2. Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work: Hi All I tried a full reset of my laptop windows 10 and somehow the process didn't go to the end and brought me back to the Login screen, but now it says, "YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A SECURITY SETTINGS CHANGE TO YOUR DEVICE" and now I don't know my account...
  3. Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotted Windows 10 Login Password and PIN doesn't work: Hi All I tried a full reset of my laptop windows 10 and somehow the process didn't go to the end and brought me back to the Login screen, but now it says, "YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A SECURITY SETTINGS CHANGE TO YOUR DEVICE" and now I don't know my account...
  4. Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot windows password but can login with PIN: I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .Now Widgets on mt PC are not working. I try signing with the windows hello PIN but the app crashes and asks for signing info again.I wanted to create a Forgot...
  5. Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot windows password but can login with PIN: I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .Now Widgets on mt PC are not working. I try signing with the windows hello PIN but the app crashes and asks for signing info again.I wanted to create a Forgot...
  6. Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password: Hi,This windows laptop has three accounts configured with one account as admin. Unfortunately, I forgot the PIN for the Admin account. If the other members trying to download any app it asks for Admin account PIN. Though I remember the Admin account password, I don't have the...
  7. Forgot PIN and Password

Forgot PIN and Password: I am logged into my computer via thumbprint. Since I have been using my thumbprint, I have forgotten my PIN and password. How do I change them so I can access my computer without my thumbprint?...
  8. Windows 10 forgot pin/password,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgot pin/password,: Windows 10 forgot pin/password, all of the answers "Locked" how do we unlock to get any help??? Understand Hackers may have access but why put on this site if we can use!!!...
  9. Forgot login password windows 10

Forgot login password windows 10: I need help. Can not login to my windows10 screen. Forgot my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-login-password-windows-10/f7373c63-f66c-41af-a1fa-e2391689f0b4
  10. Forgot PIN and Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN and Password: I cannot remember my PIN nor password for a Win10 laptop. Finger print scan still works but says I also have to enter my PIN. Is there any way to recover without doing a full reset and losing all data?...