Windows 10: Forgotten Local Admin User password

Discus and support Forgotten Local Admin User password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am sole user on laptop, therefore Local Administrator. Help pages only refer to changing Local Account password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bored5269, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Bored5269 Win User

Forgotten Local Admin User password

I am sole user on laptop, therefore Local Administrator. Help pages only refer to changing Local Account password.

:)

Bored5269, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

3. Kol12 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Thanks guys. Just confirming that the instructions have worked and all of the account passwords are sorted out. Passwords have been stored securely so they won't be lost again!

One thing I noticed after creating the temp admin account is that you need to change it to a standard account afterwards otherwise it will be the primary admin account.

Kol12, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Forgotten Local Admin User password - Similar Threads - Forgotten Local Admin

2. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  3. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  4. Windows 10 forgotten local user login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgotten local user login password: HiSo my windows 10 desktop PC has a local user admin account. It’s running windows 10 v21h1. The login password is not working so I have been trying to get into the system to reset it. I can get so far, but when I try to use something like the command prompt, it asks for the...
  5. Forgotten local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten local password: Hi, I have recently gotten a new computer and set everything up and 'clever' me think it was smart to put a super complex password and forget it! There's only one account since I'm the only one using it which means it is the administrator account being locked. And I can't get...
  6. BSOD Forgotten Admin Password

BSOD Forgotten Admin Password: Running Windows 10 on an ASUS Zenbook. I've just tried installing an update but after the restart the BSOD came out. The issue listed as Inaccessible Boot Device. I can access all of the options as far as repair, trouble shooting, and uninstalling updates, after which I...
  7. Forgotten admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgotten admin password: I’ve got no password reset disk and I don’t have security questions any help will be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Deloreanfan12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7p114/forgotten_admin_password/
  8. Forgotten admin password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten admin password.: I've forgotten the administrator password for my notebook. I can login with a 4 digit pin but I need the current password to change the password and that's the one I've forgotten. Also Windows keeps complaining of needing a startup repair but I cannot run it without the admin...
  9. Forgotten Local Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local Password: Hi. Need to change my forgotten local password. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-password/cff5f7a0-0c77-4cf9-9e7c-a33eb17f081c"
  10. Forgotten Admin password

Forgotten Admin password: Hi i have a problem problem with my pc windows 10 i need to reboot it but i forgot my administrator password? Please help me guys i dont want to loose the information which is on my pc....