Windows 10: Forgotten login password and security questions

Discus and support Forgotten login password and security questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have forgotten my login and the answers to my security questions. Is there a way to reset my password?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by christinestephens, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Forgotten login password and security questions

Hi, I have forgotten my login and the answers to my security questions. Is there a way to reset my password?

:)

christinestephens, Aug 21, 2019
  2. CRL1954 Win User

Forgotten login password

My son has loaned his laptop to me. But he has forgotten his login password! Therefore I cannot change user on login screen.

CRL1954, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189126#bookmark-third

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Forgotten login password and security questions

Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Forgotten login password and security questions

1. Forgotten login password and security questions - Similar Threads - Forgotten login password

2. Forgotten security questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten security questions: Hi AllI recently changed my Win 10 / MS password successfully using Authenticator.I can access my account and email on my phone and other laptopsHowever my main laptop is asking for my 3 Security Questions.1. City of Birth2. Mothers Maiden Name3. First SchoolI have entered...
  3. Forgotten security questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten security questions: Hi AllI recently changed my Win 10 / MS password successfully using Authenticator.I can access my account and email on my phone and other laptopsHowever my main laptop is asking for my 3 Security Questions.1. City of Birth2. Mothers Maiden Name3. First SchoolI have entered...
  4. Forgotten security questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. If you can't login into windows because of forgotten security questions and password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If you can't login into windows because of forgotten security questions and password: If you can't login into windows because of forgotten security questions and password how do you login?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-you-cant-login-into-windows-because-of/ba8b3940-31fc-46af-98b2-5f2ea17c8e47
  6. If you can't login into windows because of forgotten security questions and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you can't login into windows because of forgotten security questions and password: If you can't login into windows because of forgotten security questions and password how do you login?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-you-cant-login-into-windows-because-of/ba8b3940-31fc-46af-98b2-5f2ea17c8e47
  7. If you can't login into windows because of forgotten security questions and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD

FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD: Last night I lost access to my laptop via my fingerprint scanner. No idea what happened. I have a Lenovo C740 Yoga laptop The only way I can now logon to my laptop is via a Password or PIN number. I do not know either of these. To reset my Password, I can answer 3...
  9. Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.

Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.: i was using picture password for a long time ,then a child try wrong attempts now picture password is disappear and Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten....
  10. forgotten login password

forgotten login password: I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for. Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt...