Windows 10: forgotten login password

Discus and support forgotten login password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alanrichardson4, Nov 20, 2019.

1. forgotten login password

I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for.

Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt but it lists her user which then asks for password and wont go forward

I am a retired computer consultant so I think I have tried everything - any clues anybody

:)

alanrichardson4, Nov 20, 2019

2. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Nov 20, 2019
  3. CRL1954 Win User
    Forgotten login password

My son has loaned his laptop to me. But he has forgotten his login password! Therefore I cannot change user on login screen.

CRL1954, Nov 20, 2019
  4. forgotten login password

forgotten user password

Do you use a Microsoft Account to login to your computer? If so, you can reset it online. If not, your options locally are limited to doing things like a factory reset (so your computer is "good as new" and you can pick a new password that you want to
    use).

Here's a listing of all your options to reset a forgotten Windows Password.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

forgotten login password

1. forgotten login password - Similar Threads - forgotten login password

2. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  3. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  4. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  5. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  6. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Forgotten Password

Forgotten Password: Have a HP All-in-One with Windows 7 on it. Password forgotten. Answers to Questions to Reset Password also forgotten. Can anyone tell me how I can bypass this and reset the entry password?...
  8. Forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password: Hello I need to reset my password, because I've forgotten it. Could you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/dd360b31-3793-4cb9-a9ce-c60e2179d50b
  9. Forgotten password - Microsoft Surface Pro login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password - Microsoft Surface Pro login: The same password I have always used to login to my Microsoft surface pro keeps saying the username or password is incorrect. I press the power and the volume up buttons at the same time whenever my computer is Experiencing issues and i got this message. [IMG] Exception...
  10. Forgotten login password and security questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten login password and security questions: Hi, I have forgotten my login and the answers to my security questions. Is there a way to reset my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-login-password-and-security-questions/0c6a2e78-daae-4528-b03a-f856647af051"