Windows 10: Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change.

Discus and support Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Could someone help me with this situation?I bought a new Lenovo laptop a couple of years ago with Windows 10 pre installed.On first startup, I created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by whatisable, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change.

Could someone help me with this situation?I bought a new Lenovo laptop a couple of years ago with Windows 10 pre installed.On first startup, I created a microsoft account. I was never going to use it and never have used it, so I entered a password that I have forgotten and dummy data for all personal details.In Settings I can see that my Windows 10 digital licence is linked to my microsoft account. I don't know if this was done automatically. I don't remember doing it myself.I am intending to swap the hard drive for an ssd. After installing windows on the ssd I think I wi

:)

whatisable, Apr 29, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Unable to sign-in to Microsoft account forgotten password

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with details.

Since, you have forgotten the user account password we will not able to help you related password scenarios due to security purpose. The best what I can suggest you is create a new user account and transfer all user profile data’s to the new user account.
    Once you transfer all the data’s to new user account you can convert the user account to Microsoft account and delete the old user account (If you want).
    You can also follow the below steps to transfer all your data’s to the new user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on
      OS (CForgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change. :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/file to the new user account.
    Hope this helps. We look forward to hear from you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change.

Administrator forgotten password to account

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change.

1. Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change. - Similar Threads - Forgotten microsoft account

2. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  3. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  4. Forgotten Local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local account password: Hi , I forgot my local account password on my laptop ,, how can i change it ,, as no option for forgot password ,, can you help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-account-password/dc5c1f71-6ad9-499d-a51c-1735b2dbb1b6
  5. change forgotten password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    change forgotten password: hi, i have a laptop with windows 10 that i have forgotten the password to. i know the pin and can get into the laptop but i want to be able to change the password. i don't have security questions set up. it is the local account password not the microsoft account password....
  6. Forgotten password--not the administrator account

Forgotten password--not the administrator account: I am the administrator. I set up an account for my wife. She forgot her password and can't answer the security questions and does not have a password reset disk. (I am signed in.) Windows Pro 1903 What can I do to get her back on line? 153071
  7. Forgotten windows local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten windows local account password: I am trying to restore windows to a previous version from the recovery startup menu and for that purpose I need to enter my password for the local account. I don't remember the password. I didn't even know I had a password since I turned off the asking for password thing. I...
  8. Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes.: I had windows 7 when I first built my computer back in 2016, I did the free upgrade to windows 10. I have had the activation linked to my account cause I have done minor changes where I had to reinstalled windows and it activates with no problem. I just did a major upgrade...
  9. Windows activation after hardware change, and Microsoft account problems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware change, and Microsoft account problems.: I was trying to reactivate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard but was unable to and windows would only tell me to try again later. I went to my Microsoft account online and saw that the two devices there (which were the same) didn't have the correct version...
  10. Child account password forgotten

Child account password forgotten: Hi, we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is linked to my family account. He needs to access his email to verify his playstation log in but has now forgotten his password....