Windows 10: Forgotten my password

Discus and support Forgotten my password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Since around 5 years ago, I once set a password for my admin account on a Win 10 machine. I also updated the settings to ensure that the OS won't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VedantGala, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Forgotten my password

Hi,

Since around 5 years ago, I once set a password for my admin account on a Win 10 machine. I also updated the settings to ensure that the OS won't ask me for my password and will instead directly allow me to login, since I didn't need that kind of security.

Now with the coronavirus scare I need to work from home, so I setup mail + SFB + Microsoft office using my employer's licenses, and all of a sudden windows forcibly wants me to change my password!?

Now I do not remember the password I set 5+ years ago.

I do not have a password recovery drive created.

I do not have the microsoft windows original installation CD anymore.

I do not have the microsoft account connected to this particular device.

Why would windows not allow me to login and then change my password?

Regards,

Vedant

:)

VedantGala, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Forgotten my password

Forgotten admin password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Forgotten my password

1. Forgotten my password - Similar Threads - Forgotten password

2. Completely stuck with forgotten administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely stuck with forgotten administrator password: Hi I'm got into a mess with my son's Asus notepad unning windows 8.1, I realise it's quite old but he uses for very simple stuff. The problem is that the system has crashed and is causing problems with the administration password which I added some time ago and totally forgot...
  3. Completely stuck with forgotten administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely stuck with forgotten administrator password: Hi I'm got into a mess with my son's Asus notepad unning windows 8.1, I realise it's quite old but he uses for very simple stuff. The problem is that the system has crashed and is causing problems with the administration password which I added some time ago and totally forgot...
  4. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  5. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  6. Reset forgotten Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset forgotten Windows password: Trying to reset a W11 password, which requires remembering the old one. I've using NIPs and an autologin for a long time. Knowing and changing my Microsoft account passwords does nothing. If I go to the login screen the option to resets points to a random drive with no info...
  7. Reset forgotten Windows password

Reset forgotten Windows password: Trying to reset a W11 password, which requires remembering the old one. I've using NIPs and an autologin for a long time. Knowing and changing my Microsoft account passwords does nothing. If I go to the login screen the option to resets points to a random drive with no info...
  8. Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?: I forgot the administrator account to log in to Windows 11. Even though I still remember and can access the local user, I cannot access important files in the administrator user. In both user accounts, I am logged in with the same Microsoft account. Can I get support for...
  9. Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?

Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?: I forgot the administrator account to log in to Windows 11. Even though I still remember and can access the local user, I cannot access important files in the administrator user. In both user accounts, I am logged in with the same Microsoft account. Can I get support for...
  10. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...