Windows 10: forgotten password of child's new account

Discus and support forgotten password of child's new account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, i got a new lap top today and set up a new family member 6 yr old child. I had to create a microsoft account for her. i typed in a password and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Owens3, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Owens3 Win User

forgotten password of child's new account

Hi,

i got a new lap top today and set up a new family member 6 yr old child. I had to create a microsoft account for her. i typed in a password and it all seemed okay. But I cannnot log her in now because it says the password is incorrect. I must have typed something differently before.

I cannot change her password even though i am the administrator on the group and I set her up on the family group.How can I change her password? The account was set up today and she has never used any previous microsoft products or services, so the password revovery does not form is irrelevant. I have provided her date of birth and details of where the account was created, but the email returns say there is insufficient information to grant access to change her password to a new one.

how can a parent change their child's password? It seems crazy that I cannot do this easily as admin for the group.

please help

thanks

:)

Owens3, Apr 28, 2020

2. Child account password forgotten

Hi,

we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is linked to my family account. He needs to access his email to verify his playstation log in but has now forgotten
    his password.

we have tried repeatedly to reset it from my family but we cant log in, as we dont know the password, and when we go through all the steps to reset it, it just tells us we have not given enough information. He hasnt ever sent an email so we cant give any
    more information.

Given that it is attached to my account surely they have enough information to find it?

How can we reset his password?

Thanks,

Jonathan

JonathanBuchanan1, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Unable to sign-in to Microsoft account forgotten password

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with details.

Since, you have forgotten the user account password we will not able to help you related password scenarios due to security purpose. The best what I can suggest you is create a new user account and transfer all user profile data’s to the new user account.
    Once you transfer all the data’s to new user account you can convert the user account to Microsoft account and delete the old user account (If you want).
    You can also follow the below steps to transfer all your data’s to the new user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on
      OS (Cforgotten password of child's new account :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/file to the new user account.
    Hope this helps. We look forward to hear from you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 28, 2020
  4. forgotten password of child's new account

Child Account Password

My child has a Microsoft account but he's forgotten his password. How do I recover or change his password?

michaelvuu, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

forgotten password of child's new account

1. forgotten password of child's new account - Similar Threads - forgotten password child's

2. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  3. Password reset on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  4. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  5. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  6. Forgotten Local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local account password: Hi , I forgot my local account password on my laptop ,, how can i change it ,, as no option for forgot password ,, can you help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-account-password/dc5c1f71-6ad9-499d-a51c-1735b2dbb1b6
  7. Forgotten password--not the administrator account

Forgotten password--not the administrator account: I am the administrator. I set up an account for my wife. She forgot her password and can't answer the security questions and does not have a password reset disk. (I am signed in.) Windows Pro 1903 What can I do to get her back on line? 153071
  8. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...
  9. Changing password on child's account

Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...
  10. Child account password forgotten

Child account password forgotten: Hi, we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is linked to my family account. He needs to access his email to verify his playstation log in but has now forgotten his password....