Windows 10: FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

Discus and support FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I reset a password for my friend. My friend didn't write it down and neither did I. It has been a coup[le of years. Model The password involves... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bruce SX, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Bruce SX Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

Hi,

I reset a password for my friend. My friend didn't write it down and neither did I. It has been a coup[le of years.
    Model
    The password involves the start page. Laptop works fine. It is an Asus, Model X55M1, with Win10 installed.

I have the original disc that came with the laptop.

Can I just insert the disc and treat it like a whole new installation. ? It doesn't contain any files that my friend cares about.

Or is there another way for me to wipe out everything on this laptop, and then reload the OS using the original disc ?

Frustrated.

Thanks for looking.

Bruce

:)

Bruce SX, Dec 24, 2019

2. How to gain access to previous passwords

If a Microsoft Account you have to access the Net to Reset the Password.

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Dec 24, 2019
  3. access to PC because forgotten password

i can not gain access to my akoyo PC because through lack of use, i have forgotten both my password and pin number. I have tied resetting the PC but it eventually tells me that i need to clear space in windows to enable the reset to occur. i am not to
    clever with the technical workings of a PC . can anyone help me please, thankyou.

DavidMatthews5, Dec 24, 2019
  4. FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

forgotten password

Samuel

Make sure the CAPS LOCK is off and the NUM LOCK is on.

You can check for a malfunctioning keyboard by using the Ease of Access keyboard to enter the password. On the computer log in screen place the cursor in the password entry box, click the Ease of Access icon (third icon from left bottom right
    corner of screen), click On Screen Keyboard and enter password using that keyboard,

Why can't you sign in?

Reset your password

If you choose to select I've forgotten my password that the email Microsoft sends you goes to an email address you can access that does not depend on gaining access to the problem computer.

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

1. FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop - Similar Threads - FORGOTTEN PASSWORD gain

2. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?: I have forgotten the password for my laptop. A challenge phrase is asked on each attempt at the password. I have attempted to reset the laptop but it will not do it. Any help greatly appreciated! It's a new laptop with no files/work on the laptop...
  3. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?: I have forgotten the password for my laptop. A challenge phrase is asked on each attempt at the password. I have attempted to reset the laptop but it will not do it. Any help greatly appreciated! It's a new laptop with no files/work on the laptop...
  4. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Gaining access when change password is unaccepted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaining access when change password is unaccepted: I did not pay attention and granted remote access to computer. They changed password. When use change password it says must insert usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaining-access-when-change-password-is-unaccepted/435bec15-5f64-4e45-84e6-1688a9511296
  6. Gaining access when change password is unaccepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaining access when change password is unaccepted: I did not pay attention and granted remote access to computer. They changed password. When use change password it says must insert usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaining-access-when-change-password-is-unaccepted/435bec15-5f64-4e45-84e6-1688a9511296
  7. Gaining access when change password is unaccepted

8. Forgotten Password

Forgotten Password: Have a HP All-in-One with Windows 7 on it. Password forgotten. Answers to Questions to Reset Password also forgotten. Can anyone tell me how I can bypass this and reset the entry password?...
  9. Forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password: Hello I need to reset my password, because I've forgotten it. Could you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/dd360b31-3793-4cb9-a9ce-c60e2179d50b
  10. Forgotten Password!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten Password!!: Hello folks!! It has been a while since I have been here. My days of providing advice are over, since a couple of strokes took care of them. This time would like to be at the recipient end, and ask for some help from the Windows10 team I consider the best. *Wink Have a...