Windows 10: Forgotten password.

Discus and support Forgotten password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DougAnderson3, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Forgotten password.

I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords and pins etc. I haven't used this laptop in several years. Help

:)

DougAnderson3, Oct 22, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 22, 2018
  3. forgotten user password

Do you use a Microsoft Account to login to your computer? If so, you can reset it online. If not, your options locally are limited to doing things like a factory reset (so your computer is "good as new" and you can pick a new password that you want to
    use).

Here's a listing of all your options to reset a forgotten Windows Password.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 22, 2018
  4. Forgotten password.

forgotten password

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• How many accounts have you created in your tablet?
    • Are the administrator account holder?
    • Which account are referring to?
    Please refer the link: Please visit this this link to reset your Microsoft account password:

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Forgotten password.

1. Forgotten password. - Similar Threads - Forgotten password

2. Reset forgotten Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset forgotten Windows password: Trying to reset a W11 password, which requires remembering the old one. I've using NIPs and an autologin for a long time. Knowing and changing my Microsoft account passwords does nothing. If I go to the login screen the option to resets points to a random drive with no info...
  3. Reset forgotten Windows password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset forgotten Windows password: Trying to reset a W11 password, which requires remembering the old one. I've using NIPs and an autologin for a long time. Knowing and changing my Microsoft account passwords does nothing. If I go to the login screen the option to resets points to a random drive with no info...
  4. Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?: I forgot the administrator account to log in to Windows 11. Even though I still remember and can access the local user, I cannot access important files in the administrator user. In both user accounts, I am logged in with the same Microsoft account. Can I get support for...
  5. Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?

Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?: I forgot the administrator account to log in to Windows 11. Even though I still remember and can access the local user, I cannot access important files in the administrator user. In both user accounts, I am logged in with the same Microsoft account. Can I get support for...
  6. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  7. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  8. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  10. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...