Windows 10: Forgotten password

Discus and support Forgotten password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We have forgotten the password to our PC. When it was set up, I believe the computer guy may have used his own answers to the security questions. Is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by scottpuddephatt, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Forgotten password

We have forgotten the password to our PC. When it was set up, I believe the computer guy may have used his own answers to the security questions.

Is there another way to get this computer open or reset a password without taking it into Best Buy?

thanks

:)

scottpuddephatt, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Forgotten password

Forgotten admin password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Forgotten password

1. Forgotten password - Similar Threads - Forgotten password

2. Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.: i was using picture password for a long time ,then a child try wrong attempts now picture password is disappear and Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten....
  3. Admin Password Forgotten Windows10 pro...?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Password Forgotten Windows10 pro...?: Hey, can I reset my key combination without having to enter my Windows 10 pro key when reinstalling because I don't know it anymore and I'm afraid to reset it and buy a new key now... Admin Passwort Vergessen Windows10 pro...?
  4. Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password.: I don't use a local account I use my Microsoft account, and my password manager is within my laptop, I have an old backup but none of the ones stored there work. I'm able to login to my Microsoft account in a separate device using my passwords known but not my laptop. The...
  5. Forgotten password

Forgotten password: I have Microsoft account which is my id password for my laptop sign in.. i have forgotten my account user name n password. When i tried to recover, it shows my phone no but my email address is showing wrong. I think the email account gmail i used is no more available as i...
  6. Hello everyone. I need help with a forgotten password and security questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello everyone. I need help with a forgotten password and security questions.: Hello everyone. As the title suggests, I forgot my windows password and security questions. I have set up a password and a pin and I've been using the pin all this time so I still have access to my machine. my friend yesterday had a problem with his password so I thought that...
  7. Windows 10 Force authentication back to password from PIN when PIN forgotten

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Force authentication back to password from PIN when PIN forgotten: Hi, I am trying to help someone who has locked themselves out of their PC because they have forgotten the PIN to their Microsoft account. They still have their account password so is there a way to force authentication back to password so they can log in and reset their PIN...
  8. Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop

Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop: I have an old Asus laptop and I have forgotten the Windows 10 User Password and would like to access my old files on this computer. The computer has no internet connection as my WiFi provider has changed since it was last used. Is there a safe method I can use to access this...
  9. Windows 10 May 2020 update: multiple passwords forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: multiple passwords forgotten: For the first time a Windows update has messed up things on my computer. After installing the May 2020 update kb4556803 and kb4557968, whenever I boot into Windows it doesn't remember the passwords to OneDrive, Outlook, Chrome browser, Gmail accounts, and others. What...
  10. Windows 10 "Forgotten Password Wizard" won't advance past first screen

Windows 10 "Forgotten Password Wizard" won't advance past first screen: I am trying to create a password-reset disk in Windows 10. I inserted a flash drive into the computer and then went to ControlPanel -> CreatePasswordResetDisk. The Forgotten Password Wizard came up. I clicked "Next" which should advance me to a dropdown menu of devices,...