Windows 10: Forgotten Password

Discus and support Forgotten Password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have had to create a new account as I had forgotten my password and couldn't find anywhere to reset the password, am I missing something, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IAmBasher, Jul 23, 2021.

1. IAmBasher Win User

Forgotten Password

Hi Guys, I have had to create a new account as I had forgotten my password and couldn't find anywhere to reset the password, am I missing something, is there a password reset link I have missed? Regards, Dave G

:)

IAmBasher, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Forgotten Password

Forgotten admin password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Forgotten Password

1. Forgotten Password - Similar Threads - Forgotten Password

2. Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?: I forgot the administrator account to log in to Windows 11. Even though I still remember and can access the local user, I cannot access important files in the administrator user. In both user accounts, I am logged in with the same Microsoft account. Can I get support for...
  3. Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get support for forgotten Windows passwords?: I forgot the administrator account to log in to Windows 11. Even though I still remember and can access the local user, I cannot access important files in the administrator user. In both user accounts, I am logged in with the same Microsoft account. Can I get support for...
  4. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  5. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  6. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  8. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  9. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. How to retrieve forgotten windows 11 password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve forgotten windows 11 password?: Hi there, I have HP laptop which installed windows 11 automatically and now asking for password and forget it. I tried all passwords but all in vain. Pleas help me out...