Windows 10: Forgotten password

Discus and support Forgotten password in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello.My laptop updated and now instead of just asking for my usual password to get started it is asking for my Microsoft password. And then extra info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by claireMak, Aug 2, 2021.

1. claireMak Win User

Forgotten password

Hello.My laptop updated and now instead of just asking for my usual password to get started it is asking for my Microsoft password. And then extra info to verify. But it is an old Microsoft account and I havent needed to put a password in for years. Even the phone number is old so Microsoft can't send me a code. I tried going to Microsoft online and changing password but of course I couldn't give them enough info to verify me. I can't remember any details about this account because i haven't used it for at least 5 years. I use the microsoft account linked to my phone. I've been rejected twice

:)

claireMak, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Forgotten password

Forgotten admin password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Forgotten password

1. Forgotten password - Similar Threads - Forgotten password

2. What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?: I forgot my computer's administrator password. The account is not linked with Microsoft, so I can't reset it from there. I have a local account but there are many restrictions. I can't run some apps and all of my files are in the admin account. I've tried going into safe mode...
  3. Windows 10 forgotten local user login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgotten local user login password: HiSo my windows 10 desktop PC has a local user admin account. It’s running windows 10 v21h1. The login password is not working so I have been trying to get into the system to reset it. I can get so far, but when I try to use something like the command prompt, it asks for the...
  4. Forgotten password on another computer without reset disk and admin login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password on another computer without reset disk and admin login: Hi I have forgotten my password on another computer. it doesn't have a login for administrator or reset disk. It is Windows 10 and is a fairly old desktop. Please advise.Anne...
  5. Forgotten Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten Password: Hi Guys, I have had to create a new account as I had forgotten my password and couldn't find anywhere to reset the password, am I missing something, is there a password reset link I have missed? Regards, Dave G 182927
  6. Forgotten Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Forgotten Password: Hi Guys, I have had to create a new account as I had forgotten my password and couldn't find anywhere to reset the password, am I missing something, is there a password reset link I have missed? Regards, Dave G 182927
  7. windows 10 restart forgotten password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 restart forgotten password: so I hit restart on my laptop and now can not log in at start because it rejects all my passwords Is there a work around? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restart-forgotten-password/08b07134-e252-43cf-85ac-86fddb5898d5
  8. forgotten my only administrative account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgotten my only administrative account password: ok so i have three usable accounts on my computer but only one of them has administrative privileges. one day i was playing around with command prompt and doing the net user command but i think i typed in the command to change this password beachside the next day i tried to...
  9. Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open: I recently had to change my local Windows password and Windows Hello PIN. I'd like to update my Windows password recovery USB, but I can't get the "Forgotten Password Wizard" to open on the control panel. How do I get it to open?...
  10. Forgotten BIOS password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten BIOS password: while back i set a password for the bios and forgot it... how would i go about fixing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-bios-password/a2c83546-db1d-4bad-aeca-eba6a1964e9e