Windows 10: forgotten PIN and no other way to log in

Discus and support forgotten PIN and no other way to log in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; a few weeks ago i changed the PIN to my computer and made it the only sign-in option. i have now forgotten it and tried to guess it, which only made... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ceslaus, Apr 18, 2021.

1. ceslaus Win User

forgotten PIN and no other way to log in

a few weeks ago i changed the PIN to my computer and made it the only sign-in option. i have now forgotten it and tried to guess it, which only made the "forgot PIN?" button disappear, so there is literally no way i can log in or recover the code. is there anything i can do to prevent having to reset to computer just to use it?

:)

ceslaus, Apr 18, 2021
  2. MrsT22110 Win User

forgotten pin

Hi,

I'm going around in circles here.

I want to download Windows Draw.

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked to sign In, but I am already signed in.

My contact phone number has changed so that won't work.

I go to the site suggested;

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked for details of my age etc.

An automated response come back saying I haven't provided the right data!

I still want to download Windows Draw.

Argghhhhh

MrsT22110, Apr 18, 2021
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 18, 2021
  4. forgotten PIN and no other way to log in

pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

forgotten PIN and no other way to log in

1. forgotten PIN and no other way to log in - Similar Threads - forgotten PIN log

2. Forgotten PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten PIN: Hi, I have a HP laptop windows 10. I forgot my PIN and I can’t get in my laptop. I have the security email but there is no option of “I forgot my password” and “sign in options” on the screen. I’ve tried wrong PIN several times and I don’t want to risk it lock. Please can...
  3. Forgotten PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten PIN: Hi, I have a HP laptop windows 10. I forgot my PIN and I can’t get in my laptop. I have the security email but there is no option of “I forgot my password” and “sign in options” on the screen. I’ve tried wrong PIN several times and I don’t want to risk it lock. Please can...
  4. Forgotten Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten Pin: Hello,I forgot my pin and I do not have any other option to input my password and it will only have me put my pin. I clicked forgot my pin and I had to reset my alternative security due to change of number and now it’s the 30 day waiting period. I am continued to be locked...
  5. Forgotten Pin

Forgotten Pin: Hello,I forgot my pin and I do not have any other option to input my password and it will only have me put my pin. I clicked forgot my pin and I had to reset my alternative security due to change of number and now it’s the 30 day waiting period. I am continued to be locked...
  6. Forgotten Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten Pin: Hello, Microsoft CommunityI am having trouble downloading specific apps and reaching User Account Control Settings. Everytime I try to do so, a screen pops up and asks "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?" It wants me to put in a pin, but a pin for an account...
  7. Forgotten Pin

Forgotten Pin: Hello, Microsoft CommunityI am having trouble downloading specific apps and reaching User Account Control Settings. Everytime I try to do so, a screen pops up and asks "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?" It wants me to put in a pin, but a pin for an account...
  8. Forgotten PIN#

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgotten PIN#: I created a PIN but have forgotten it. The e-mail address on the account had been hacked and I no longer have access to it to help re-set it. I noticed that there was the option for a phone number but I'm no longer getting that option. Is there anything I can do other that...
  9. Is there a way to remove the pin to log in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there a way to remove the pin to log in?: My son is disabled and doesn't understand how to use a pin. How can I remove it from his computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-pin-to-log-in/a271f169-edb8-48e5-a8d4-a856f5b6de84
  10. forgotten pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten pin: recover forgotten pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-pin/247758ce-b391-43fd-87c3-077e18dabb16"