Windows 10: Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an old Asus laptop and I have forgotten the Windows 10 User Password and would like to access my old files on this computer. The computer has no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeMiller68, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop

I have an old Asus laptop and I have forgotten the Windows 10 User Password and would like to access my old files on this computer. The computer has no internet connection as my WiFi provider has changed since it was last used. Is there a safe method I can use to access this machine and the contents on the drive, thanks.

:)

MikeMiller68, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop

forgotten user password

have forgotten my user password for Windows 10

mikebullock1, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop

1. Forgotten User PAssword on old Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Forgotten User PAssword

2. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  3. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  4. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  5. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive: Hello,Following a Windows update, which was fairly recent, it lead me to an update error code. I copied and pasted into Google, and found that disabling 3 services and renaming the "cat' folder to "cat.old", would fix it. Of course the services would be re-enabled upon...
  6. Forgotten Windows 10 Password on old drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows 10 forgotten local user login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgotten local user login password: HiSo my windows 10 desktop PC has a local user admin account. It’s running windows 10 v21h1. The login password is not working so I have been trying to get into the system to reset it. I can get so far, but when I try to use something like the command prompt, it asks for the...
  8. Forgotten Local Admin User password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local Admin User password: I am sole user on laptop, therefore Local Administrator. Help pages only refer to changing Local Account password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-admin-user-password/ca2b0ec2-00a2-4324-9084-dfada9d5347b
  9. Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password: Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-windows-10-local-laptop-password/3b687357-d71e-4686-af92-ee3b707d5e40
  10. i've forgotten my user password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i've forgotten my user password: whatever password I enter is wrong - how to find the one the system thinks I should be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-forgotten-my-user-password/ac0c8219-d2ea-4376-86ab-5bcf789de16e"