Windows 10: Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop

Discus and support Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I forgot my windows local password and PIN on my own laptop, I got access for another user on the laptop, but not to my own! Please help... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BoykoStoimenov, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop

Hello, I forgot my windows local password and PIN on my own laptop, I got access for another user on the laptop, but not to my own! Please help

:)

BoykoStoimenov, Oct 5, 2019

2. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Oct 5, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop

Forgotten Local Password

Hi.

Need to change my forgotten local password.

Thanks

DrewDawson, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop

1. Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop - Similar Threads - Forgotten local password

2. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  3. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  4. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows local account on laptop password forgotten

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows local account on laptop password forgotten: Dear Doug K.I wish to request your assistance in resolving an inconvenience caused due to locked Window local account incident on HP laptop.Unfortunately, I cannot remember password and I have not created password rest USB disk. My local account is running Windows 10 home OS...
  6. Windows local account on laptop password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows local account on laptop password forgotten: Dear Doug K.I wish to request your assistance in resolving an inconvenience caused due to locked Window local account incident on HP laptop.Unfortunately, I cannot remember password and I have not created password rest USB disk. My local account is running Windows 10 home OS...
  7. Windows local account on laptop password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Forgotten local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten local password: Hi, I have recently gotten a new computer and set everything up and 'clever' me think it was smart to put a super complex password and forget it! There's only one account since I'm the only one using it which means it is the administrator account being locked. And I can't get...
  9. Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password: Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-windows-10-local-laptop-password/3b687357-d71e-4686-af92-ee3b707d5e40
  10. Forgotten Local Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local Password: Hi. Need to change my forgotten local password. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-password/cff5f7a0-0c77-4cf9-9e7c-a33eb17f081c"