Windows 10: Format a Hard Disk Drive

Discus and support Format a Hard Disk Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobHaggart, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Format a Hard Disk Drive

I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this?

:)

BobHaggart, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 10, 2020
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Format a Hard Disk Drive

Format Hard disk

I have an external hard drive . When i plug it into pc pc becomes slow , so I want to format it , but it is not possible in GUI mode .

Can I format it while booting??

Pls provide process steps too???

[Original Title: external Hard disk]

Hritik Kandari, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Format a Hard Disk Drive

1. Format a Hard Disk Drive - Similar Threads - Format Hard Disk

2. Hard disk somehow formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk somehow formatted: Hello all, I have a WD My Passport 2TB HDD. One day, when I turned on my PC, the hard disk was not to be found. Checking Disk Management tells that there are various no-name drives. No data is there. Tried using Testdisk Data Recovery utility no data found in the normal...
  3. Formatting hard disks with numbers?

Formatting hard disks with numbers?: Hi I have a server and I'm running out of letters to add hard drives I know that with raid or pools you can combine multiple drives but I would like to use numbers instead of letters that are not recognized in windows is there a possibility zb in windows server 2019...
  4. How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10: [ATTACH]“Format” as a word in computers is very popular, and a well-known word among computer users. We all have done that, especially with the USB […] This article How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Formating a hard drive.

Formating a hard drive.: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  6. Formating Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formating Hard Drives: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  7. Format External hard disk drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Format External hard disk drive.: I have external hard disk drive which was prepared as a mini windows 10. I am trying to format from disk management and Command prompt. receiving below errors: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile,...
  8. Format hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format hard drive: I cannot do updates because I am out of disk space but I cannot figure out how to free up disk space. I've deleted all unneeded program files and want to just reformat the hard drive. The option to reformat is grayed out, however. Sometimes the laptop will give me a gray...
  9. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  10. formatting a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    formatting a hard drive: does anyone know how to format a hard drive to load and run windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-drive/398827f9-3683-4e2c-a621-a32071e1d680