Windows 10: Format and reinstall OS

Discus and support Format and reinstall OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer will not boot as it is locked out with Bit-locker and I've exhausted all means to retrieve the key code needed . Need procedure to format the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesPyke, Dec 7, 2019.

1. JamesPyke Win User

Format and reinstall OS

Computer will not boot as it is locked out with Bit-locker and I've exhausted all means to retrieve the key code needed . Need procedure to format the drive (from dos) from a USB drive in order to do a clean install of windows 10.

:)

JamesPyke, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 7, 2019
  3. swapan81 Win User
    How to reinstall windows 10 OS into another PC with the same product key?

I want to reinstall my OS into another PC. What's the procedure to do it if anybody knows, please suggest me step by step procedure.

swapan81, Dec 7, 2019
  4. 1nf3rn0x Win User

Format and reinstall OS

How to format on Windows 7

150GB for OS should be fine?

1nf3rn0x, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Format and reinstall OS

1. Format and reinstall OS - Similar Threads - Format reinstall

2. Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...: tl;dr: reinstalled a win11 edu n pc, thought key was already saved on my microsoft account. Tried signing in and couldn't, now stuck without a key that I should still have the rights to. How do I claim it back?Hiya Microsoft community!I've recently fully formated and...
  3. Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...: tl;dr: reinstalled a win11 edu n pc, thought key was already saved on my microsoft account. Tried signing in and couldn't, now stuck without a key that I should still have the rights to. How do I claim it back?Hiya Microsoft community!I've recently fully formated and...
  4. I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....: The laptop has only 1 SSD and no HDD, though I have external HDD. I want to completely clean SSD and install Windows back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-laptop-with-preinstalled-windows-10-i-want/3438dba5-f558-4b90-b5d5-828bcf89ef63
  5. I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....: The laptop has only 1 SSD and no HDD, though I have external HDD. I want to completely clean SSD and install Windows back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-laptop-with-preinstalled-windows-10-i-want/3438dba5-f558-4b90-b5d5-828bcf89ef63
  6. I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....

7. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  8. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  9. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...
  10. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...