Windows 10: format c

Discus and support format c in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all just need to ask I am reformatting my c drive due to constant bsod after the w10 anniversary update . things I have done are every scan thire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ocir, Sep 23, 2016.

1. ocir Win User

format c

Hi all just need to ask
    I am reformatting my c drive due to constant bsod after the w10 anniversary update . things I have done are every scan thire is sfc, hdd check, memtest, up dater all drivers , had Microsoft install the update 3 times.
    the bsod mostly happen playing games , so I have uninstalled origin and all games and reinstalled them all again.
    I never had a problem with w10 1511 ,and its been over 10 days so I just cant roll it back.
    so back to the ? a few of my games in origin are on my g/ drive ssd and others are on my f/drive .so if I reformat my c will origin find them or is thire something I need to do?
    also music is on h/drive ,will windows media find them?
    sorry if I am not wording it correctly.

:)

2. Romaneus Win User

Mistakenly Format C Drive

Probably Windows 10 was activated on this laptop, so you need only to reinstall Windows 10. You can create bootable media HERE. You don't need type
    in any product key during installation on that laptop, it will be activated automatically anyway.

Romaneus, Sep 23, 2016
  3. N97 mini - format C:

You cannot remove all apps from C, but if you go to settings-application mngr-installed apps- and scroll through your apps, select one that is on C, options-uninstall. Facebook and accuweather are two you can remove and then re-install on E mass memory !

carman58---01, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

format c

Data stored off the C drive will have no effect with a OS reinstall. After the reinstall you will have to point to where the data is stored for what ever app/software wants to use them. Once that it done it should access them like they were on the C drive.

Plankton, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

format c

1. format c - Similar Threads - format

2. quick format- data recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    quick format- data recovery: Accident I did quick format of D drive (windows 10), the data is in drive, I am not able to see any why to recover the data, can any one guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-format-data-recovery/5e55eb45-391a-45da-9a08-50e709c2d7a9
  3. external hard disc showing for format disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disc showing for format disc: while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disc-showing-for-format-disc/a36ede3b-89f8-49e3-9511-7347823b0688"
  4. Using old OS drive in a new setup without formatting

Using old OS drive in a new setup without formatting: Good morning , I am about to make an upgrade on my desktop , which include installing Windows 10 in a M.2 NVMe drive , but keeping using the older drives ( SSD and HDD , which have the current Windows 10 ) . My question is : After formatting and installing the OS in the new...
  5. Incorrectly formatted postal code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrectly formatted postal code: I tried to buy minecraft windows 10 edition and it keeps saying incorrectly formatted postal code. I changed my location in setting and it did not solve the problem, i also tried the virtual agent and it did not help. Please send help...
  6. Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ?

Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ?: I do some testing. I reset my PC with no backup to save (remove all files), and also I select the quick option (with less secure). Then, it took more than 2 hours for the reset to finish but if I use the Windows USB drive to format my computer, it just finished less than 20...
  7. Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character: hello, i find a problem with Arabic number starting from window 8 till current build of windows 10 the following screen shot for window 10 and window 7 , you will find arabic numbers in windows 10 is converted to English number after adding currency symbol the...
  8. How do I change a photo file format from png to jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change a photo file format from png to jpg: I have used inphotofix to correct a picture and the format is png. I need to change it to jpg in order to print. How can I change the format....
  9. OEM Format

OEM Format: Hello everyone, I formatted my OEM recovery while using diskpart to assign a character to a disk. It was a mistake and now it's formatted. Knowing that the OEM can't be recovered, I would like to ask if I wil reinstall the same windows version again(WINDOWS 10 HOME), with...
  10. Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.: How to convert to Windows partition format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-is-saved-in-gpt-partition-format/70615501-8e10-4e03-9058-05ba4c40e3c0