Windows 10: format External USB hard disk before you can use it.

Discus and support format External USB hard disk before you can use it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Icybox USB3 external hard drive box, which worked fine until recently. The box has no drivers to install, it uses the ones supplied by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterDunford, Aug 4, 2019.

1. format External USB hard disk before you can use it.

I have an Icybox USB3 external hard drive box, which worked fine until recently.

The box has no drivers to install, it uses the ones supplied by Microsoft with Windows.

It worked fine with Windows 8, it worked fine with windows 10 when I did the upgrade. I was able to access all my older drives and get at the files on them.

Then the last but one Win10 update changed something and now it asks me to format my hard disks before I can use them. All the old data is as good as gone.

I hoped it might be fixed by the next update, but it hasn't been.

How can I revert to earlier usb drivers? How can I fix this?

:)

PeterDunford, Aug 4, 2019

2. Format Hard disk

I have an external hard drive . When i plug it into pc pc becomes slow , so I want to format it , but it is not possible in GUI mode .

Can I format it while booting??

Pls provide process steps too???

[Original Title: external Hard disk]

Hritik Kandari, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Formatting External hard drive.

1. Launch the Disk Manager with diskmgmt.msc
    2. Use right-clicks to delete all partitions on the external disk
    3. Create one or several new partitions
    4. Format them

Frederik Long, Sep 29, 2019
  4. michael Win User

format External USB hard disk before you can use it.

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

format External USB hard disk before you can use it.

1. format External USB hard disk before you can use it. - Similar Threads - format External USB

2. How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...: How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can use it use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-you-need-to-format-disk-in-drive-d/1eec4550-8f1c-42c2-a3da-9552663e43be
  3. How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...: How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can use it use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-you-need-to-format-disk-in-drive-d/1eec4550-8f1c-42c2-a3da-9552663e43be
  4. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  5. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  6. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Format External hard disk drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Format External hard disk drive.: I have external hard disk drive which was prepared as a mini windows 10. I am trying to format from disk management and Command prompt. receiving below errors: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile,...
  8. Can't format external hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't format external hard disk: I do have external harddisk from toshiba company. I tried to format it but windows always responds windows was unable to complete format. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-format-external-hard-disk/04f8e492-9b46-431e-905d-812da33a1418
  9. Format my external hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format my external hard disk: Hello guys, I have changed my laptop's hard disk from its original one (HDD) to a SSD and now I want to use the HDD as an external disk for save lots of datas. The problem is that the whole old windows is still on the HDD disk, which means there are still the local disks C,...
  10. You need to format the disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You need to format the disk before you can use it: Hello, I have this problem where when I try to access a drive it says You need to format the disk before you can use and it has format disk and cancel options to click, Any solutions would be appreciated. The drive isnt removable either....