Windows 10: Format flash drive exFAT

Discus and support Format flash drive exFAT in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wanda Majors, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Format flash drive exFAT

Format flash drive exFAT

:)

Wanda Majors, Jun 3, 2023

2. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Formating to exFAT

If that's the case, you might need to use a format manager software, but you can try these other steps first.

Kindly follow the instructions below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox beside the Windows icon and press
      Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to
      Optimize for performance and then press OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select
      Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select exFAT in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process is completed.

Let us know how this goes.

Marque Lor, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Fernandz Win User

Format flash drive exFAT

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Format flash drive exFAT

1. Format flash drive exFAT - Similar Threads - Format flash drive

2. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  3. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  4. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  5. Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format: I was doing a backup of some files from my laptop to my 1TB USB Drive in exFat format.During the file transfer, the progress suddenly stopped and I got the message "The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired". The file explorer freezed and I was forced the end the process. Then...
  6. Windows 10 home doesn't see exfat formatted flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 home doesn't see exfat formatted flash drive: I have a 32gb flash drive formartted as Exfat and I frequently use it with a Windows 10 Pro work and eventually in a Mac OS Mojave home. When I try to use it in my laptop, with Windows 10 Home, it doesn't appear in Windows Explorer, but I can see it in disk mananger, properly...
  7. USB Flash drive not able to format

USB Flash drive not able to format: Hi there, I'm having a problem that my USB drive is not formatting. Whenever I format it, it gives me write-protection error. I tried to format it in my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 to see if there was an issue with Windows 10/my PC but of no luck. I also tried removing...
  8. Overwrite exFAT format of 8TB external drive with NTFS?

Overwrite exFAT format of 8TB external drive with NTFS?: I have an external WD 8TB My Book: My Book - External Hard Drive | Western Digital (WD) It is formated in exFat. Could I do a quick format with NTFS? Would this cause any drawbacks? 94361
  9. Formatting flash drives

Formatting flash drives: Hi all. Lately, every flash drive I've bought requires to be NTFS formatted. Quick formatting gives me the option to change allocation size. Is there a specific size I should be using or just go small? 39013
  10. Format usb flash drive

Format usb flash drive: Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now. I...