Windows 10: Format KDI-MSFT

Discus and support Format KDI-MSFT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 (Anniversary Update - 1607) USB. I tried to format the drive to add a newer version of Windows 10 (and it is limited to the Pro and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Đặng Bình Minh, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Format KDI-MSFT

I have a Windows 10 (Anniversary Update - 1607) USB. I tried to format the drive to add a newer version of Windows 10 (and it is limited to the Pro and Home editions). But it says my USB is "write protected". How can I format that?

:)

Đặng Bình Minh, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 5, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Sep 5, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Format KDI-MSFT

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Format KDI-MSFT

1. Format KDI-MSFT - Similar Threads - Format KDI MSFT

2. Why is the MSFT Photo in Hebrew?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the MSFT Photo in Hebrew?: All configuration and settings are in English US.Since the latest Win10 update... only the MSFT Photo comes up in Hebrew. While I can read Hebrew, but it's all slotted for English US.ETA: There's no option to put MSFT Photos to English. Is this a glitch in the matrix of the...
  3. Why is the MSFT Photo in Hebrew?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the MSFT Photo in Hebrew?: All configuration and settings are in English US.Since the latest Win10 update... only the MSFT Photo comes up in Hebrew. While I can read Hebrew, but it's all slotted for English US.ETA: There's no option to put MSFT Photos to English. Is this a glitch in the matrix of the...
  4. about the transaction to MSFT * E0700GCHSR

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    about the transaction to MSFT * E0700GCHSR: Hello.I want to ask you what is mean this transaction to MSFT * E0700GCHSR ?My account was debt with 30,11 euro.Thank you!Kind regards.georgetahavrilet...
  5. about the transaction to MSFT * E0700GCHSR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about the transaction to MSFT * E0700GCHSR: Hello.I want to ask you what is mean this transaction to MSFT * E0700GCHSR ?My account was debt with 30,11 euro.Thank you!Kind regards.georgetahavrilet...
  6. about the transaction to MSFT * E0700GCHSR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unauthorized MSFT billing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unauthorized MSFT billing: Hello,I have seen that numerous times my CC got charged from MSFT*<E0200F1IBX> MSBILL.INFO IRL.-12,60€. The amount is everytime the same. But I don't have my CC registered on other Microsoft Accounts than this one, and there is no payment history. What could this be? Help...
  8. Combining MSFT profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Combining MSFT profiles: Hi I have a Microsoft account which is assigned to one email of mine, and a new Desktop which is assigned to a different email of mine - how can I combine them? Thanks in advance! Vicky...
  9. MSFT MINESWEEPER NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFT MINESWEEPER NOT OPENING: Using WIN 10 and have been playing MSFT Minesweeper for years. Yesterday it would not open, so I deleted and re-installed the App. also added it to task bar. still will not open !! goes to minesweeper page and then reverts to win 10 opening page .. have also tried to open...
  10. Windows Search connecting to MSFT

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search connecting to MSFT: Hi, I blocked in Firewall the IP range : 204.79.195.0 - 197.255 and now Search UI ( Win+S) just does not work at all. Does it mean that Search UI is all the time connected to MS and anything I type just lands on MS Servers? 65249

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KDI-MSFT

2. kdi format comqnds

3. kdi msft windows 10 device

4. kdi-msft windows 10 usb device update,
  5. kdi-msft usb windows 10 lowformat,
  6. kdi-msft windows 10 usb lowformat