Windows 10: FORMAT LAPTOP WITHOUT PRODUCT ID FOR WINDOWS 10

Discus and support FORMAT LAPTOP WITHOUT PRODUCT ID FOR WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; would like to reformat my laptop I don't have the product id for windows 10 this laptop was my brother's who has passed away. it also has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BTZ RETIRED, Sep 16, 2018.

1. FORMAT LAPTOP WITHOUT PRODUCT ID FOR WINDOWS 10

would like to reformat my laptop I don't have the product id for windows 10 this laptop was my brother's who has passed away.

it also has been upgraded to the latest version windows 10 as it came with windows 8 LENOVO G700

Can I do it or should I just leave it the way it is thanks Bill

:)

BTZ RETIRED, Sep 16, 2018

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Hitman Win User
    Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Sep 16, 2018
  4. FORMAT LAPTOP WITHOUT PRODUCT ID FOR WINDOWS 10

Get Product Key from Product ID

Hi, I have recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed. After that, I have formatted my Hard Drive, and installed Ubuntu on the machine. Now I want to use my previously purchased Windows 10 license for Windows
    10 running in VirtualBox, but I do not have the Product Key, only Product ID. How can I retrieve the Product Key from Product ID?

MilosMilovanovic, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

FORMAT LAPTOP WITHOUT PRODUCT ID FOR WINDOWS 10

1. FORMAT LAPTOP WITHOUT PRODUCT ID FOR WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - FORMAT LAPTOP WITHOUT

2. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  3. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  4. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID: Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key-to-format-windows-and-reinstall/f6afb539-a807-44f4-90e9-9fb04dc64a6a
  6. Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID: Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key-to-format-windows-and-reinstall/f6afb539-a807-44f4-90e9-9fb04dc64a6a
  7. How to activate windows 10 without product id or key?

How to activate windows 10 without product id or key?: I'm supposed to a legit version of windows 10, updated from windows 8. My old laptop broke and then put my ssd into new laptop and used it for a few days and then decided, but after clean install windows now tells me to activate windows....
  8. Windows product ID

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product ID: I have two different security workstation PCs, and both are using the same product ID. Is this possible? How can I find it is genuine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-id/edc53baa-9813-47c7-91e4-ebe0fd3bd97f
  9. Lost my product ID and keys for Windows 10 activation after formatting the PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost my product ID and keys for Windows 10 activation after formatting the PC: Troubleshooting failed. It says "cannot connect to organization". The PC was brought by other person, with Microsoft installed in it. I am sure the license was not transferred, and I have no idea how to activate Windows 10 on my PC. However, I have tried using "free" product...
  10. Windows Product ID to Windows product.

Windows Product ID to Windows product.: I have various Windows product ID's and corresponding product licence keys for our office PC's. How can I find out from the Product ID which is the correct windows to download?...