Windows 10: Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd

Discus and support Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help! I migrated my OS to a smaller SSD. Now I need to format the old drive but not sure how? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by copperguardian, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd

Help!

I migrated my OS to a smaller SSD. Now I need to format the old drive but not sure how?

Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd 0e59106e-ffb3-483e-9f86-2ee53b4a5379?upload=true.png

:)

copperguardian, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Ivy336289 Win User

how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

to migrate os to SSD, you need a third-party tool. I recommend you AOMEI Partition Assistant. It offers you a feature called Migrate OS to SSD,
    which can help you transfer your os without effort.

before you start, you need to make sure the system partition on the old hard drive is smaller than or equal to 120GB. Also, you need to download AOMEI Partition Assistant.

then, see below.

1. launch AOMEI Partition Assistant

2. click Migrate os to SSD at the left panel

3. in the new window, click Next

4. select an unallocated space or a partition on your SSD

5. modify the information of your boot partition, including drive letter, size and position. then, click Next and Finish to back to the main page.

6. click Apply at the top left corner and Proceed to start the pending operation. then, just wait.

Ivy336289, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Migrate OS to SSD

I cannot figure out how to move windows 10 os to new SSD. The C drive is not partitioned so the 1.8 TB drive is trying to migrate to the 500gb SSD, which it will not allow me to do. Is there a way to seperate just the OS from the C drive ?

DaveDe Liberato, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd

OS migration to ssd

I want to migrate my OS to my new ssd, but with the softwares I've downloaded can only move the whole C: drive, but my ssd only has 223gb of storage and I've got in my HDD 500gb of stored stuff. To solve this I made a partition to move all the files that
    weren't files of the OS. When I tried to do this I couldn't move such files. Is there a way to move all my files from the C: drive to the partition or to manually move my OS to the ssd?

marcocatella, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd

1. Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd - Similar Threads - Format old drive

2. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ssd become smaller after format: Please help me to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-become-smaller-after-format/cf566afa-0e75-410f-a0c4-0feb8d8d0448
  3. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my ssd become smaller after format: Please help me to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-become-smaller-after-format/cf566afa-0e75-410f-a0c4-0feb8d8d0448
  4. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Transferring OS to a smaller SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring OS to a smaller SSD: I want to move my OS and only my OS to my new SSD which is a 250gb Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2. My main drive is a 1tb HDD and I want to be able to move that drive between laptop and PC without taking the laptops OS with it....
  6. Migrating OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating OS to SSD: To keep it short: Migrating OS from HDD to SSD. Problem is the EFI boot partition (16 Mb) and another unnamed partition are on the SSD. Somehow, the main Windows files are on the C: drive (HDD) and the boot is on the SSD. Aside from that, nothing else on the solid drive....
  7. OS new a smaller ssd

OS new a smaller ssd: Hello, I want to know if there's any way I can transfer my OS from my 1tb HHD to my new 240gb SSD, if yes how do I do it and with which program, I don't want to delete all my files from my HHD as I don't have the best wifi connection and it would take me long to download all...
  8. migrating OS to new ssd

migrating OS to new ssd: How can I migrate my os to my new ssd without going through any updates and so forth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-os-to-new-ssd/e6936d37-08ae-469a-b831-f77b68db6072
  9. Migrate OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrate OS to SSD: I cannot figure out how to move windows 10 os to new SSD. The C drive is not partitioned so the 1.8 TB drive is trying to migrate to the 500gb SSD, which it will not allow me to do. Is there a way to seperate just the OS from the C drive ?...
  10. how do i migrate ONLY the os to a smaller ssd than my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i migrate ONLY the os to a smaller ssd than my hard drive: i got a new ssd and i want IT to be only a boot drive and my hdd to be for general storage.i got Aomei,i press on migrate os i select the 120 gb ssd that i have and it says that i need around 300 gb more (my hdd is 1tb and i have only used 300 gb) i looked online to see how...