Windows 10: format .png files show up in file explorer with a black background, instead of being...

Discus and support format .png files show up in file explorer with a black background, instead of being... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This thread had basically the same question and it was never answered correctly:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nancy Frias, Jun 26, 2019.

1. format .png files show up in file explorer with a black background, instead of being...

This thread had basically the same question and it was never answered correctly:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-i-save/710f5aa6-6f3d-49b9-8b0b-29892235e5ee

The answers were about browsers, other programs etc. etc. The thread was closed and I guess the person gave up. Please see if someone can help with the actual problem: viewing transparent graphic files in the .png format in file explorer with a transparent background, instead of showing black. It makes it so hard to actually see what the graphic looks like, especially if there is black text.

I use file explorer to view my graphics and pick which one I want to use. This is so annoying that it doesn't show correctly and no one seems to help with the problem. At least give me an answer, even if its that "nothing can be done because file explorer does not work very well and is very inefficient." That answer I could understand, but I am hoping for something better.

The above link has a screen shot showing the problem.

I wish there as another software out there that works like file explorer, but without all the problems.

Thanks for any solutions you or anyone else can give me.

Nancy

:)

Nancy Frias, Jun 26, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Black File Explorer

We suggest that you start your PC in Safe mode and see if File Explorer still shows a black image when you access your files. Safe Mode would help isolate the issue by starting Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It may help
    distinguish what's causing the issue, if the problem does not happen in Safe Mode, then we'll know that the default settings does not cause the issue.

You may start your PC in Safe Mode by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings
      > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4
      or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.

David Haz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. archz2 Win User
    Black/greyish background in windows explorer.

I found this image on the internet somewhere. How can I have such dark interface in windows 10 file explorer ?

Moreover, this is not a separate file manager. If you take a closer look on the left edge, you can see the a cropped portion of list having pinned shortcuts which is also dark.

format .png files show up in file explorer with a black background, instead of being... [​IMG]

archz2, Jun 26, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

format .png files show up in file explorer with a black background, instead of being...

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

format .png files show up in file explorer with a black background, instead of being...

1. format .png files show up in file explorer with a black background, instead of being... - Similar Threads - format png files

2. PNG and .wav is not a supported file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG and .wav is not a supported file format: I'm trying to open PNG files from two CD based games from 2009-10, but they won't open, and show up on Photos as an unsupported file format. I did check to see if they are real PNGs and they are not, they are data files. They are both made by the same developer, and both...
  3. PNG and .wav is not a supported file format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PNG and .wav is not a supported file format: I'm trying to open PNG files from two CD based games from 2009-10, but they won't open, and show up on Photos as an unsupported file format. I did check to see if they are real PNGs and they are not, they are data files. They are both made by the same developer, and both...
  4. Using PNG files as a Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using PNG files as a Background: Hi! Just got a Windows 10 laptop for my business and was so excited to use my logos PNG files as my background and lock screen. Turns out the files are not recognized on this laptop and show up distorted if they show up at all when set as the background or lock screen. I...
  5. Black Background, Missing File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Background, Missing File Explorer: I've had this issue for two days and I haven't downloaded anything that may cause this. After signing in, the background is black and the apps are still there. I could press at the start button but I can't open certain apps and can't type anything on the search bar....
  6. Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer

Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer: I have transparent background .png image files stored in my OneDrive and a second copy saved locally on my desktop. I am using both a 2019 MS Surface Laptop and separate tower Tower with Windows 10 with all windows updates. In Dark Mode both laptop and tower: When I...
  7. PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White: I'm a digital artist and work with images on a daily basis. An issue I'm having is that whenever I save a PNG picture, the thumbnail / icon would have the picture and a solid black backgroud. This makes it hard to see the picture especially since 99% are mainly black lines...
  8. .png files in file explorer on W10

.png files in file explorer on W10: hello, when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you get your .png file with black pixels instead of transparent pixels, and that's good. Now if you replace all white pixels...
  9. jpeg instead of png format

in Windows 10 Customization
    jpeg instead of png format: I'm using Windows 10 Home on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I take snapshots they download as PNG formt which cannot open. How do I get it in a JPEG format without taking a pic of it with Paint?...
  10. png images are black with black background

png images are black with black background: I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows file explorer png file background