Windows 10: format problems

Discus and support format problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; wy do my messages and pic look like codes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-problems/005c660d-c38d-4b2b-a23c-b714de20469e" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jojoyr, Oct 25, 2019.

1. jojoyr Win User

format problems

wy do my messages and pic look like codes

:)

jojoyr, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 25, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Oct 25, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

format problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

format problems

1. format problems - Similar Threads - format problems

2. Problem with formatting sd card and returning files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with formatting sd card and returning files: I have an sd card with a bunch of old stuff on it, i delete all of it. Go to format it from fat32 to ntfs says exfat as default if thats useful idk what im doing here but when i go to format and it says complete it just resets back to fat32 and restores all of the deleted...
  3. Problem with formatting sd card and returning files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with formatting sd card and returning files: I have an sd card with a bunch of old stuff on it, i delete all of it. Go to format it from fat32 to ntfs says exfat as default if thats useful idk what im doing here but when i go to format and it says complete it just resets back to fat32 and restores all of the deleted...
  4. Problem with formatting sd card and returning files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Avita Magus 2 in 1 Format problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avita Magus 2 in 1 Format problem: Avita Magus 2 in 1 https://www.avita.com/in/product/magus12-2in1-laptop comes with a touch screen, a 64 GB eMMC and i added another 32 GB SD Card to it. After more than a year of use the internal storage ran out of space. So formatted it, now touch screen does not work and...
  6. Avita Magus 2 in 1 Format problem

Avita Magus 2 in 1 Format problem: Avita Magus 2 in 1 https://www.avita.com/in/product/magus12-2in1-laptop comes with a touch screen, a 64 GB eMMC and i added another 32 GB SD Card to it. After more than a year of use the internal storage ran out of space. So formatted it, now touch screen does not work and...
  7. Avita Magus 2 in 1 Format problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avita Magus 2 in 1 Format problem: Avita Magus 2 in 1 https://www.avita.com/in/product/magus12-2in1-laptop comes with a touch screen, a 64 GB eMMC and i added another 32 GB SD Card to it in Bharat/India, I did not get the 64 GD SD Card. After more than a year of use the internal storage ran out of space. So...
  8. Facing problems in Formatting the SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing problems in Formatting the SD Card: HiSo I've SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 SD Card. I was using this card in Mi Home Security Camera 360° Mi Home Security Camera 360 - Buy Online - Mi India. It was working perfectly but after some time card got corrupted and I tried formatting the card in Camera itself but it...
  9. Facing problems in Formatting the SD Card

Facing problems in Formatting the SD Card: HiSo I've SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 SD Card. I was using this card in Mi Home Security Camera 360° Mi Home Security Camera 360 - Buy Online - Mi India. It was working perfectly but after some time card got corrupted and I tried formatting the card in Camera itself but it...
  10. Facing problems in Formatting the SD Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing