Windows 10: Format usb flash drive

Discus and support Format usb flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gibbsy09, Dec 15, 2017.

1. gibbsy09 Win User

Format usb flash drive

Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive.
    Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now.

I used a low level format tool the last time it happened and it worked but it also deleted the partition so don't want to make the same mistake again I tried cc cleaner but to be honest I don't really know how to do it with that so I would like to use a free simple tool to get the job done if anyone can help it would be much appreciated thanks.

:)

gibbsy09, Dec 15, 2017
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 15, 2017
  3. WizardWN Win User
    Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

Hello,

I don't think you have to worry about FAT32 or NTFS. If you insert a USB flash drive and create a recovery drive, Windows 10 should format the USB flash drive for what you needed. Windows 10 should format automatic.

WizardWN, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Format usb flash drive

I use RmPrepUSB but I'm not sure it fits any reasonable definition of "simple". Every time I use it I fear I'll set a wrong parameter and wipe out something critical. But on the other hand, I never have wiped out anything. It has never caused problems (if you discount worry).

pokeefe0001, Dec 16, 2017
  5. gibbsy09 Win User
    Hi pokeefe0001 downloaded it hadn't a clue just winged it lol but it worked a treat thanks very much your a star.

gibbsy09, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Format usb flash drive

1. Format usb flash drive - Similar Threads - Format usb flash

2. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  3. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  4. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!

Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!: Hi, I had a 5GB file which I wanted to copy in my flash drive. But my drive was formatted in FAT32 system, so I tried to format it as NTFS. But from then it shows that Windows was unable to complete the format. I tried formatting using different computers and even...
  6. formatting a new usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    formatting a new usb flash drive: What is the best way to format a usb device using Windows 10? Plus I have a USB flash drive that Windows won't recognize, how can I fix that problem so I can reformat it and reuse it? Thanks for your help Ken,...
  7. USB Flash drive not able to format

USB Flash drive not able to format: Hi there, I'm having a problem that my USB drive is not formatting. Whenever I format it, it gives me write-protection error. I tried to format it in my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 to see if there was an issue with Windows 10/my PC but of no luck. I also tried removing...
  8. Formatting a usb flash drive for autoplay

Formatting a usb flash drive for autoplay: How to format a usb flash drive for autoplay when connected to other devices like karaoke machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-usb-flash-drive-for-autoplay/e5ad6acc-dbef-48c9-a40e-290cc7526927
  9. Completely format bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely format bootable USB flash drive: Hi How to completely format a bootable USB flash drive because I found there's a partition on the flash drive named "UEFI_NTFS" (EFI > Boot & Rufus folders with .efi files inside) that cannot be formatted. My other bootable USB with MBR partition can be fully formatted. I...
  10. format the USB flash

format the USB flash: When I entered my flash, I got massage this USB need to format before its used, when I tried to format, the computer or windows was unable to format please note that my windows is 10...