Windows 10: Format windows 10 operating drive C:

Discus and support Format windows 10 operating drive C: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Are there a simple command from the search line in windows 10 to completely format the main C: drive for the windows os? Any informaton very... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James F.Mize Jr., Nov 18, 2020.

1. Format windows 10 operating drive C:

Are there a simple command from the search line in windows 10 to completely format the main C: drive for the windows os? Any informaton very welcome.Thanks.

:)

James F.Mize Jr., Nov 18, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Though just formatting C: drive isn't enough. Old Windows created one extra hidden partition and Windows 10 creates another one, both together taking almost 1GB of space.

RejZoR, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Hitman Win User

Format windows 10 operating drive C:

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Format windows 10 operating drive C:

1. Format windows 10 operating drive C: - Similar Threads - Format operating drive

2. my drive c: got formatted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my drive c: got formatted: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-got-formatted/6e23008b-6bd4-4170-9d3a-ee884c6df4ab
  3. format my C drive and reinstall windows 10 home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    format my C drive and reinstall windows 10 home: I have an ASUS K52JC which came with its HD partitioned into Drives C & D and had Windows 7 Home Premium OS. The CD/DVD drive quit functioning at one point and I never found a fix for that problem. After upgrading to Windows 10 Home, I also used software to combine the two...
  4. How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting

in Windows 10 News
    How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have seen a couple of computers where the Primary partition – C Drive, has extra storage space. Some computers do not have partition at all, while some have a smaller partition. Since it is not possible to delete C [...] This post How to partition C drive...
  5. C: Drive Formatting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C: Drive Formatting.: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now ive installed on another Drive called D drive on to my new SSD D: drive and it's been running fine on D drive for months and I want to format all of the c drive to use for new storage item whatever they me. Will that be ok to go...
  6. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  7. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  8. Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back. Sincerely, CommentedBat...
  9. C: drive wrong format

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive wrong format: some how and not knowing when my C drive on my laptop became a format GPT? I noticed it when trying to do a re deploy using Macrium. right now I am doing a clean all. could some tell me what steps to be sure it will be ntfs when I will be re installing 1511 10586 which I...
  10. Full format of my 'C' Drive

Full format of my 'C' Drive: I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall. I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it...