Windows 10: Formated drive and no OS will Load

Discus and support Formated drive and no OS will Load in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I formatted my laptop and now cannot load any OS, I can open the the BIOS to set the Boot option. There are no files at all on the hard drive. there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alaskalad, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Alaskalad Win User

Formated drive and no OS will Load

I formatted my laptop and now cannot load any OS, I can open the the BIOS to set the Boot option.

There are no files at all on the hard drive. there is an error message 0xc00000f showing after I run recovery. Have tried running my Win 10 creation tool but will not load.

:)

Alaskalad, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 3, 2020
  3. little cat, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Formated drive and no OS will Load

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Formated drive and no OS will Load

1. Formated drive and no OS will Load - Similar Threads - Formated drive Load

2. HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive: HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive thumbnails take long time to preview the images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file-formats-are-not-loading-in-shared-drive/49a9e289-0ffb-4bdb-ac77-a5e9d1ca77b0
  3. HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive: HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive thumbnails take long time to preview the images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file-formats-are-not-loading-in-shared-drive/49a9e289-0ffb-4bdb-ac77-a5e9d1ca77b0
  4. OS not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS not loading: My win 10 OS will not start. Sometimes I just see a spinning circle. Other times a message appears saying "unknown file system" and then wants to run "Grub".Grub, to my knowledge, is a linux thing. At one time, linux may have been on the hard drive. However, when I installed...
  5. OS not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS not loading: My win 10 OS will not start. Sometimes I just see a spinning circle. Other times a message appears saying "unknown file system" and then wants to run "Grub".Grub, to my knowledge, is a linux thing. At one time, linux may have been on the hard drive. However, when I installed...
  6. OS not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd: Help! I migrated my OS to a smaller SSD. Now I need to format the old drive but not sure how? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-old-os-drive-after-migrating-to-smaller-ssd/286b446d-6342-4402-b890-979b8727a196
  8. Format and reinstall OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format and reinstall OS: Computer will not boot as it is locked out with Bit-locker and I've exhausted all means to retrieve the key code needed . Need procedure to format the drive (from dos) from a USB drive in order to do a clean install of windows 10....
  9. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...
  10. Loading OS on new Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading OS on new Hard Drive: Hello, I need to replace the Hard Drive. I am of average computer knowledge. Talking with Dell. it doesn't sound very difficult to install the OS win7 using a USB media and the F12 key. Then add in the Drives from my disk I have. Does this sound correct, or will this turn...