Windows 10: Formating cd disk

Discus and support Formating cd disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't format a cd rw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-cd-disk/24e5be6c-6798-43fa-8855-09dfda405935 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelHeisler, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Formating cd disk

I can't format a cd rw

:)

MichaelHeisler, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Format a bluray disk or DVD disk in windows 10

Hi Robert,

The options and features of Windows may vary depending on the build and version of the system running on your device. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version are you originally using when formatting CD/DVD disc?
    • Are you using a third party application to format Blu-Ray CD/DVD before?
    • Have you checked if your Blu-Ray drive is up to date? If not, type Device Manager in the search box and press
      Enter. Once you're done, locate the drive and select Update under the driver tab.

In addition, you can format CD/DVD through the Disk Management tool. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Insert CD/DVD in to your CD/DVD drive.
    • Type Computer Management in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Right click on the drive or partition to format and select Format.
    • Click OK to format the CD/DVD drive.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

Formating cd disk

Formating Harddrive

What you have to do:

1. Make sure your CD-ROM is set to first boot device, before the hard drive.
    2. Put in the recovery CD and start your comp up.
    3. When it says "Press any key to boot from disk" press a key.
    4. Follow the instructions. Im going to format a comp sometime within the next 2 hours, so i'll post step by step if you need it.

Im pretty sure the recovery CD's work the same as the Windows CD. It all depends on the actual CD, but generally they do.

Pinchy, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Formating cd disk

1. Formating cd disk - Similar Threads - Formating disk

2. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...
  3. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...
  4. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mp3 player says "Format Error!" & "Empty Disk!"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mp3 player says "Format Error!" & "Empty Disk!": I have an Mp3 player with SD card slot . I copied and pasted the files to the player. Even though the files are listed in the removable disk in My PC, when I try and play them via the player, it says "Format Error!" then "Empty Disk!" Fix? Thank you...
  6. Mp3 player says "Format Error!" & "Empty Disk!"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp3 player says "Format Error!" & "Empty Disk!": I have an Mp3 player with SD card slot . I copied and pasted the files to the player. Even though the files are listed in the removable disk in My PC, when I try and play them via the player, it says "Format Error!" then "Empty Disk!" Fix? Thank you...
  7. Mp3 player says "Format Error!" & "Empty Disk!"

8. I am having trouble installing windows 10 pro on a completely formatted disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble installing windows 10 pro on a completely formatted disk.: I am having trouble installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-installing-windows-10-pro-on-a/6e037795-c97b-4df9-9dd0-7a19b4a46438
  9. I am having trouble installing windows 10 pro on a completely formatted disk.

I am having trouble installing windows 10 pro on a completely formatted disk.: I am having trouble installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-installing-windows-10-pro-on-a/6e037795-c97b-4df9-9dd0-7a19b4a46438
  10. I am having trouble installing windows 10 pro on a completely formatted disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. formating cd