Windows 10: Formating CD

Discus and support Formating CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get a message that Windows 10 cannot read the blank disc in the CD-Rom drive and says it is necessary to format the disc. The menus do not give a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HerbThompson2, May 8, 2021.

1. Formating CD

I get a message that Windows 10 cannot read the blank disc in the CD-Rom drive and says it is necessary to format the disc. The menus do not give a format option as they used to do. I've tried the regedit suggested and it did not correct the problem. I can play audio CD's and read data CD's. Can anyone give further suggestions to correct this?Herb T

:)

HerbThompson2, May 8, 2021

2. Formating CD for Old Standalone Player

Use steps 1-3 described in post
    Formating CD for Old Standalone Player
    ...download a file, install a program, burn a cd.
    Nothing more needed.

muchomurka, May 8, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 8, 2021
  4. Formating CD

Win 10 fails to format cd-r

Hi Clarky,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to format the CD/DVD to the right format to play the audio. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to burn the CD/DVD?
    • Are you using any third party software to burn it to audio media?
    • Are you getting any error messages/Codes?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Formating CD

1. Formating CD - Similar Threads - Formating

2. How to format my C drive and re install W10 with my recue disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to format my C drive and re install W10 with my recue disk: I have several glitches that I have been unable to resolve for several months and am thinking it may be a W10 problem My laptop has 2 drives an SSD (OS) and a HDD data drive. Can someone please advise how to reformat the SSD and reinstall W10 (I have a rescue disk) Thanks for...
  3. I need help changing my date format to mm-dd-yyyy. but it is not in the choices.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help changing my date format to mm-dd-yyyy. but it is not in the choices.: I've been trying to change my date format to mm-dd-yyyy but it is not in the choices. I live in the philippines and we're used to using the date format with the month first. I also have the region set to English Philippines.Even Microsoft Excel won't follow that format and...
  4. i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:...

i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:...: i want to restore the old windows.old folders because it has generic volume to restore the partition to before it was i guess i think i dont know i just see random number and letters finded lost partitions i guess should i just delete that somehow and change the first sector...
  5. Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format

Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format: Default date inside Win 10 photo app is backwards. Photo app Collections where all photos are shows month of May 2021 and below that 01/05 - 30/05 instead of 05/01-05/30 USA date style. PC date is correct format. How to change Photo App to correct date format?...
  6. Recover formated device files

Recover formated device files: Can I can recover some files from my c drive which I formatted Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-formated-device-files/b7807110-d05b-45ca-aff8-0d65864b7b9e
  7. How do I change the Numbering format for when I scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the Numbering format for when I scan?: How can I change the numbering system for when I scan several copies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-numbering-format-for-when-i/9d1c0c09-abf9-4182-b353-11696d21af48
  8. HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT: Today i installed a new hdd to my pc, i went to disk management and it was unallocated so I formatted it, when it was formatting disk management stopped responding and it closed, when i went to disk management again it didnt even show up, I looked in bios and it is not...
  9. HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD Shows in BIOS but Nowhere in Windows OS After Format and Windows Reset: I have been researching and trying to diagnose this for two days now. I did a windows reset in hopes of just wiping my drives, my M.2 SSD has the windows OS on it and works fine, the hard drive on the other hand is showing in my BIOS but no where in the windows OS. It does...
  10. How to change the time and date format in windows ?

How to change the time and date format in windows ?: Hello Forums members,Before Windows 10 I always had the dd-mm-yyyy date format and time format was set to AM and PM.But since windows 10 I can only choose mm-dd-yyyy / AM - PM or dd-mm-yyyy / 24 hour clock.I want as date form dd-mm-yyyy and time format AM / PM is that...