Windows 10: Formating New Harddisk

Discus and support Formating New Harddisk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Formating New Harddisk

Hello,
    I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask.
    I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size is 500 GB. I know I have to format it, does formating to ntfs make it a 64 bit, or have to add something to the formating proccess.
    OS is win 10 pro 1709 English 64 bit.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 12, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Formating New Harddisk

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Formating New Harddisk

1. Formating New Harddisk - Similar Threads - Formating Harddisk

2. Windows 10 Screensaver (SCR Video format)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screensaver (SCR Video format): Hello community. I would like to talk about this old fashion that Windows A,K,A Microsoft has not been updated Screensaver option sense "forever". it has always been Photos or 3D graph images as the alternative of screensaver. The idea for user of their computer should...
  3. It looks like we don't support this file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It looks like we don't support this file format: My computer runs Windows 10, and I am able to open numerous .jpg files with no problem, but there are several IMG ......... .jpg files that give me the message in the title of this post. What can I do?...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format: I've seen this question asked several times before within the community, as of yet I've not seen a solution to my problem. Until several days ago I wasn't having this problem, File Explorer was working correctly and all my video files were being shown in thumbnail format....
  5. Conditional formating

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Conditional formating: Hi all ,,,,again. I am using excel 2016 and have two rows of data thus,, WLWLWWLLLWL 76897665949 What I want is if the top cell is an L and the cell immediately below it is more than 8, how do I do it to change the top cell to a red fill?. PLease. Len 125425
  6. jpeg instead of png format

in Windows 10 Customization
    jpeg instead of png format: I'm using Windows 10 Home on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I take snapshots they download as PNG formt which cannot open. How do I get it in a JPEG format without taking a pic of it with Paint?...
  7. HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOW 10 AFTER FORMATTING PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOW 10 AFTER FORMATTING PC: I FORMATE MY PC DUE TO FAILURE OF WINDOW 10 OCTOBER UPDATE ( MY PC IS NOT OPENING).NOW I AM USING WINDOW 7 . HOW CAN I UPGRADE AGAIN TO WINDOW 10 HOWEVER I WERE FACED HEATING PROMLEM AFTER UPGRADE FROM WINDOW 7 TO 10.PLEASE PROVIDE SOLUTION FOR THIS ALSO....
  8. what do I do to fix JSON formatting error

what do I do to fix JSON formatting error: I got an error message that my JSON formatting wasn't right. What do I do tsssso fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-to-fix-json-formatting-error/3c4adf3f-9550-4615-a774-2ec19e7d14e7
  9. format a dvd disk

format a dvd disk: Format does not appear on the menu when I right click on the drive. All of the instructions I have seen about formatting refer to things I don't see anywhere. How do I format a blank never before used DVD disk?...
  10. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...