Windows 10: Formating New Harddisk

Discus and support Formating New Harddisk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Motim, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Formating New Harddisk

Hello,
    I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask.
    I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size is 500 GB. I know I have to format it, does formating to ntfs make it a 64 bit, or have to add something to the formating proccess.
    OS is win 10 pro 1709 English 64 bit.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 12, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Formating New Harddisk

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Formating New Harddisk

1. Formating New Harddisk - Similar Threads - Formating Harddisk

2. How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...: How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my device and also it's location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-track-my-laptop-if-theif-format-my/02d2b9c7-436a-42eb-b8e6-a7923ca665f7
  3. How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...: How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my device and also it's location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-track-my-laptop-if-theif-format-my/02d2b9c7-436a-42eb-b8e6-a7923ca665f7
  4. Formatting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting Windows 10: I have installed Windows 10 Pro from a bootable USB Drive. I have a question is there any need to format my laptop again? I had done the formatting when I bought it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-windows-10/7143e298-7cdf-471d-b7ba-0e15634d4006
  5. Formatting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting Windows 10: I have installed Windows 10 Pro from a bootable USB Drive. I have a question is there any need to format my laptop again? I had done the formatting when I bought it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-windows-10/7143e298-7cdf-471d-b7ba-0e15634d4006
  6. Formatting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Hello everyone, I got a sudden crash and my harddisk got formatted and I had to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello everyone, I got a sudden crash and my harddisk got formatted and I had to reinstall...: Update and security but it gives error. I tried updating time settings etc. So if there is a way to manually update it please help me. Thank you very much. submitted by /u/Dogra87 [link] [comments]...
  8. is it possible to recover files from a formatted harddisk? if so how do i format it permanently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to recover files from a formatted harddisk? if so how do i format it permanently: hello, so as title said is it possible to recover files from a formatted harddisk? and if so is there a way i can delete all the files forever? Thanks! submitted by /u/NejdKing [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...: I want to Format my C-Drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 OS But when the step comes ''which drive you want to install'' i format the C-Drive and suddenly it says i windows cannot install in that partition, if you know what i mean I mean i delete the C-Drive then make...
  10. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Support
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...