Windows 10: Formatted, clean windows (re)install. Only noise from speakers.

Discus and support Formatted, clean windows (re)install. Only noise from speakers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had an old Audigy 2ZS sound card in my system, wanted to get rid of it, several times, several methods. Here's the latest: Removed the sound card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VyseGTR, Sep 27, 2019.

1. VyseGTR Win User

Formatted, clean windows (re)install. Only noise from speakers.

Had an old Audigy 2ZS sound card in my system, wanted to get rid of it, several times, several methods. Here's the latest:

Removed the sound card
    Formatted and reinstalled windows 10 (clean install)
    Updated Mobo Bios (Asus B85M-E)
    Used troubleshooter, removed/added drivers etc. etc. I'm really looking for a left field solution here.

Speakers are fine, cable is fine.

Problem can be narrowed down to two things - Windows or Audio Jack.
    Audio jack recognises speakers
    Windows shows sound as played
    Speakers at higher levels only output noise, which can be changed by moving/clicking the mouse.

I tried being as precise and accurate with my issue, I hope you can help me with it.

:)

VyseGTR, Sep 27, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 27, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Formatted, clean windows (re)install. Only noise from speakers. - Similar Threads - Formatted clean install

2. Clean Windows 11 re-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows 11 re-install: I use a Win 11 media creation tool thumb drive to do clean re-installs; however, on one of my HP laptops I get this message: "We couldn't find any drives.".It works OK on my other HP computers....
  3. Clean Windows 11 re-install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Windows 11 re-install: I use a Win 11 media creation tool thumb drive to do clean re-installs; however, on one of my HP laptops I get this message: "We couldn't find any drives.".It works OK on my other HP computers....
  4. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  5. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  6. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Re-installing Windows 10: Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number -...
  7. Clean Re-Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Re-Install: We are updating our computers and wish to sell the old one. Before we sell them I want to use UBCD to completely overwrite the hard drive to destroy all information. How do I then re-install windows 10 without a CD?...
  8. Clean Re installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Re installation of windows 10: I want to delete all user accounts created till now , and need to re install the windows 10 in my pc. Please help me with this ,so that I can proceed safely . And I have some doubts regarding this- Will the activation be void if I do this ? Will I get all the latest...
  9. Re beeping noise from PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re beeping noise from PC: Hello I think I have the answer, but would like someone to confirm my theory.... My PC has started beeping intermittently, I believe it only happens when transferring files across...I noticed that when the PC beeps the file transfer stops for a few seconds then...
  10. Clean re installing Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean re installing Windows 7: Hi I have problems with one of my PC after the recent Windows 10 upgrade and having several issues occurring intermittently (can't browse internet. Internet / WiFi connection gets disconnected time to time) and prefer to reinstall Windows 7 on this PC until windows 10...