Windows 10: Formatted drive, Your device needs to be repaired

Discus and support Formatted drive, Your device needs to be repaired in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, After several attempts of resetting my windows 10 laptop from the recovery environment, I tried formatting the main 200 GB disk with DISKPART... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex Admin, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Formatted drive, Your device needs to be repaired

Hey all,

After several attempts of resetting my windows 10 laptop from the recovery environment, I tried formatting the main 200 GB disk with DISKPART in the recovery environment. Therefore, now when I turn on the laptop, I get the Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. I also can't boot into the recovery environment however have the BIOS working. Any ideas??

--Device--

-Razer Blade 15" 2017

-256GB

-No Razer Recovery Environment(probably got deleted after an unsuccessful attempt of installing ubuntu)

-Windows Recovery Environment unavailable.

:)

Alex Admin, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 25, 2019
  4. mikel33 Win User

Formatted drive, Your device needs to be repaired

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Formatted drive, Your device needs to be repaired

1. Formatted drive, Your device needs to be repaired - Similar Threads - Formatted drive device

2. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your pc/device needs to be repaired: Hello, I am in great need of help, I’ve been experiencing troubles for a couple months with my gaming PC, with continuous freezes and the ethernet has trouble connecting to my internet, I have researched many ways to help that issue but I just let it play out, began getting...
  3. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your pc/device needs to be repaired: Hello, I am in great need of help, I’ve been experiencing troubles for a couple months with my gaming PC, with continuous freezes and the ethernet has trouble connecting to my internet, I have researched many ways to help that issue but I just let it play out, began getting...
  4. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: After getting Windows 10 installed onto a usb flash drive by a friend and plugging it into my HP laptop, I still get the error code instead of it booting to the Windows 10 installation screen. It tells me I’ll need to use recovery tools, although the recovery tool is already...
  6. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Hello, I received an error code after running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and was wondering what the issue could be. Feel free to ask an clarification questions. Thank you!RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedAn unexpected error has occurred.Error code:...
  7. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Hello, I received an error code after running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and was wondering what the issue could be. Feel free to ask an clarification questions. Thank you!RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedAn unexpected error has occurred.Error code:...
  8. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?: I recently updated my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10, and now when I attempt to boot it I get taken to a blue screen that says the following:"RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedFile: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exeError code: 0xc0000225You'll need to use...
  9. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.: Hi My laptop started booting & running slow after an update. It crashed into a blue screen and returned with ”no boot device found”. So I took out the SSD and startup was normal and I decided to fresh install Windows on the HDD but while trying to boot from the usb i got:...
  10. YOUR PC DEVICE NEED TO BE REPAIRED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    YOUR PC DEVICE NEED TO BE REPAIRED: Hello sir, i followed everything but it says that YOUR PC DEVICE NEED TO BE REPAIRED and left me with an option of for recovery, restart,shutdown. I chose recovery and get me back to the last 3 options before I restarted. What can I do? Thanksss 140406