Windows 10: Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the...

Discus and support Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Computer had 2 HDs, Drive C and Drive D, previously Drive C had Windows and Drive D had a WindowsApps folder for the Windows Store Apps/Games. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RafaelF82, Mar 4, 2020.

1. RafaelF82 Win User

Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the...

My Computer had 2 HDs, Drive C and Drive D, previously Drive C had Windows and Drive D had a WindowsApps folder for the Windows Store Apps/Games.

I replaced my C drive with an new SSD but the WindowsApps folder from the previous Windows remained on drive D.

I cannot delete this folder now, I tried getting the security permissions for myself to delete the now useless folder but whenever I click on the folder on windows explorer the explorer.exe process freezes, it freezes to the point that I cannot kill the process using the Task Manager and freezes restarting/shutting down the computer, I'm having to do a hard reset/shutdown to be able to turn the PC off.

I regret every second of using the Windows Store, terrible way to handle files I don't know why they had to make this thing so incredibly closed, will never use it again!

Any magic to fix this issue? I simply cannot delete the folder, can't even click on it anymore!

:)

RafaelF82, Mar 4, 2020

2. Can install Windows, can't install Linux

Are you doing a clean install?

Also if you are doing a clean install may I suggest this. Delete and format all partitions and let Ubuntu allocate the drive. You might have some MBR files left on the HD that is conflicting with Ubuntu booting.

TheMailMan78, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Can't format old boot drive >_<

The install disc worked fine for the most part.... after formatting I couldn't boot into windows with the message Bootmanager is missing press ctrl alt delete to restart. so i had to use the install disc to repair startup. But everything is working good now and the drive is back to its original state of 465gb free.

Thanx for the help and suggestions everyone *Big Grin Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the... :D

AlienIsGOD, Mar 4, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the...

2 of my internal hard drives, not been reconized!!

In that case do what Blue-Knight suggested and delete the partitions from the Windows install disk. Leave just the two drives you want to format plugged in and boot to the Windows install disk. When you get to the disk manager delete the partitions so the drives only show unpartitioned space.

Once you do that turn off the computer and boot into Windows. Now you can partition and format the blank drives through disk manager or using diskpart.

FX-GMC, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Formatted my computer and installed Windows on another Drive, now I can't delete the... - Similar Threads - Formatted computer installed

2. I can't format my disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't format my disk drive: After an update my pc had blocked me from my D: disk and whatever what I do it just doesn't whenever I try to click format i waits for a while then just says that windowns can't format D and asks me to check if disk is connected properly it also later shows me a notification...
  3. I can't format my disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't format my disk drive: After an update my pc had blocked me from my D: disk and whatever what I do it just doesn't whenever I try to click format i waits for a while then just says that windowns can't format D and asks me to check if disk is connected properly it also later shows me a notification...
  4. Deleted Windows 11 Partition on Another Drive, but my Boot Drive Won't Load Now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Windows 11 Partition on Another Drive, but my Boot Drive Won't Load Now.: I'm going to take the time to describe this issue in detail so please bear with me.I recently upgraded from a 500gb SATA SSD to a 2tb m.2 drive. I used software to clone the drive, and all of its partitions, to the new drive, as well as expand the main "windows" partition....
  5. Deleted Windows 11 Partition on Another Drive, but my Boot Drive Won't Load Now.

Deleted Windows 11 Partition on Another Drive, but my Boot Drive Won't Load Now.: I'm going to take the time to describe this issue in detail so please bear with me.I recently upgraded from a 500gb SATA SSD to a 2tb m.2 drive. I used software to clone the drive, and all of its partitions, to the new drive, as well as expand the main "windows" partition....
  6. I put my hard drive in another computer. Windows not working now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I put my hard drive in another computer. Windows not working now.: I have a faulty Compaq pc. It was not turning on since months. I took the hard drive and put it in my hp-p21336il. The windows now forces startup repair.The windows gave some error earlier but it booted up.Like error loading operating system.The hard drive is in bad health...
  7. I put my hard drive in another computer. Windows not working now.

I put my hard drive in another computer. Windows not working now.: I have a faulty Compaq pc. It was not turning on since months. I took the hard drive and put it in my hp-p21336il. The windows now forces startup repair.The windows gave some error earlier but it booted up.Like error loading operating system.The hard drive is in bad health...
  8. How Do I Install Windows 10 On Another Drive On My Computer?

How Do I Install Windows 10 On Another Drive On My Computer?: I thought I could just make a windows 10 setup disk and then boot to it and run it like I've done for every version over the last 40 years.But when I made the window 10 setup disk downloaded to windows.iso file and burned to dvd disk and tried to boot to it, it just showed a...
  9. I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it: I have an HP laptop that I was giving to my girlfriend. I formatted it so all my personal info and programs I had purchased Office, etc were deleted. However, now I can't get into it nor can my girl friend. Even at 86 yrs old, I have a girlfriend. It turns on, the...
  10. Can't install games on another drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on another drive: Hello, When I wanted to reinstall Forza Horizon 4 again on my PC after I've formatted the drive wanted to clean it up I couldn't install the game on my d: drive. I want to install it there as my c: drive is just a 120GB SSD used for Windows. When I want to click on the blue...