Windows 10: Formatted my PC and it has no default apps

Discus and support Formatted my PC and it has no default apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I have gotten this issue where I formatted my pc due to malware. After the format was done I noticed that I didn't have anything. the only stuff I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AlexanderBruun1, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Formatted my PC and it has no default apps

So I have gotten this issue where I formatted my pc due to malware. After the format was done I noticed that I didn't have anything. the only stuff I got is

Connect, Edge, Solitaire, One Drive, Settings, Windows Ease of Access, Admin Tools, Accessories, Powershell, Security and System.

I tried to do the Powershell Commands I think like 5-6 times now with nothing new and im just kinda stuck.

If you dont know what command im talking about its the one below

Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"

:)

AlexanderBruun1, Mar 15, 2020

2. Issue with default apps

Hi Benjamin,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10 and sorry for the delay in response.

Try the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open Start menu, type change default app for each file type in search bar and open it.
    • Here you can match the Name and App which you want to use and try to click on App which you want and make it as default.
    Step 2:

• Open the File location (file which you want to make the Music bee as default player).
    • Right click on any music file (Any music file type mp3/any other format which you wish) and select
      open with from the list and click on Choose default program.
    • Select the Music bee app and make it as default player.

If you still face the same issue, the file type which you are trying to set Music bee as default player may not have supporting format. You may check with the Music bee app publisher website to check for the supported file formats.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 15, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Formatted my PC and it has no default apps :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Anakunda Win User

Formatted my PC and it has no default apps

Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

Anakunda, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Formatted my PC and it has no default apps

1. Formatted my PC and it has no default apps - Similar Threads - Formatted has default

2. Default Format is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Format is locked: Hi,So I have recently realised that my PC audio has not been using my 7.1 surround sound on my headphones I thought it was sounding funny for a while but put it down to game issues. After getting annoyed at the audio issues I took a look into all my settings and realised that...
  3. Default Format is locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Format is locked: Hi,So I have recently realised that my PC audio has not been using my 7.1 surround sound on my headphones I thought it was sounding funny for a while but put it down to game issues. After getting annoyed at the audio issues I took a look into all my settings and realised that...
  4. Default Format is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microphone default format has gone down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone default format has gone down: Hello, when I first bought my microphone a couple weeks ago the default format was the studio quality, recently I noticed my microphone's quality dropped, it was a lot worse, so I looked at my default quality and it was DVD, no option of studio, I searched up everywhere for...
  6. Error trying to format my format my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error trying to format my format my pc: I got a trojan virus through a Utorrent and canceled it mid installation when I saw a second fake chrome that was in chinese open in my taskbar, but it downloaded something in my pc, now I have a bunch of annoying viruses and my files are all corrupt. I took all security...
  7. Microphone default format?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone default format?: Not sure if I'm in the right sub for this but it is a Windows setting In my mic sound settings (Blue Snowball iCE microphone), default format is set to 16 bit, 44100hz (CD quality). It can go up to 16bit 48k hz DVD quality, is there any reason why I shouldn't change the...
  8. Microphone Default Format.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Default Format.: I have an Asus X540LA Laptop, with Realtek HD Audio Manager. The Microphone device is known as "Realtek High Definition Audio". When I go to Realtek HD Audio Manager -> Microphone -> Default Format, I get only two options that are 1. 16 Bits, 44100 Hz CD Quality 2. 16...
  9. Default format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default format: I had a Realtek 892 built in sound chip. I want to know what is the best default sound format to set at Realtek HD audio manager ? Is it 24bit 44.1 khz, 24bit 48 khz, 24bit 96khz or 24bit 192khz ? I use my pc for listerning to mp3 (44.1khz) and gaming (48khz). 146258
  10. Formatting my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting my PC: My PC is filling up with trash and it's slowing it down, so i thought to backup the few things i actually care about and format it. I read that the operating system will be deleted, too. Is there a way to delete everything but the operating system? Going back to factory...