Windows 10: Formatted one of my drives to hfs+ and now windows 10 won't boot and stuck in bios

Discus and support Formatted one of my drives to hfs+ and now windows 10 won't boot and stuck in bios in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Asus laptop gl531g i7-9750H/BGA,hdd: 1tb ssh8g + 256g pcie, windows 10 64bit. I migrated my windows 10 to the d drive 1tb hd and formatted the c... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Asuser020, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Asuser020 Win User

Formatted one of my drives to hfs+ and now windows 10 won't boot and stuck in bios

Asus laptop gl531g i7-9750H/BGA,hdd: 1tb ssh8g + 256g pcie, windows 10 64bit.

I migrated my windows 10 to the d drive 1tb hd and formatted the c drive to hfs+ now windows 10 wont boot and is stuck in bios. Bios won't recognize any drives any not sure how to repair my computer now.

:)

Asuser020, Jun 16, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via Command Prompt?

EDIT: I found one solution: I logged into my Admin account and opened the Device Manager. There I found the external drive and I "uninstalled" it. Is that my best option?

battlezone, Jun 16, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Formatted one of my drives to hfs+ and now windows 10 won't boot and stuck in bios

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Formatted one of my drives to hfs+ and now windows 10 won't boot and stuck in bios - Similar Threads - Formatted drives hfs+

2. Replaced a hard drive and now my windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced a hard drive and now my windows 10 won't boot: So the title is a good summary, but here's the long version.I have a windows 10 install on my ssd, the installation is rather old, as it was a windows 7 to 10 free upgrade. Back then I had an HDD. For some weird reason that HDD had a faulty installation of windows 10 as well,...
  3. Replaced a hard drive and now my windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replaced a hard drive and now my windows 10 won't boot: So the title is a good summary, but here's the long version.I have a windows 10 install on my ssd, the installation is rather old, as it was a windows 7 to 10 free upgrade. Back then I had an HDD. For some weird reason that HDD had a faulty installation of windows 10 as well,...
  4. Replaced a hard drive and now my windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+: This is a weird issue I can't seem to resolve. Here we go: I have a PC running Win10. Attached is a 4-bay USB3 enclosure with all bays occupied. When I power up the enclosure, only three of the four drives actually mount. The only way I've been able to get that fourth drive...
  6. bios still trying to boot from formatted drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bios still trying to boot from formatted drive: I installed a new gen 4 nvme and did a fresh install of Windows 10, I then formatted the old ssd after transferring what I wanted to keep. Now when i turn on my PC it says theres two copies of Windows and wants me to choose one, obviously I can't choose the old version as the...
  7. My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.: I get this specific error: This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US6,570,884, US6,115,776, and US6,327,625 Realtek.......... I've researched about this error and people mostly say that the hard drive won't boot and the computer is trying to boot...
  8. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows: [ATTACH] File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage medium. In other words, it simply separates data on the drive and tags them with filenames and [...] This post How to use Mac...
  9. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?: I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between...
  10. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC: I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via...