Windows 10: Formatted System Reserve Disk after a complete reset, decided to reset and keep all files...

Discus and support Formatted System Reserve Disk after a complete reset, decided to reset and keep all files... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally formatted the System Reserved Disk after I reset my whole PC. I tried to reset it again keeping all files and I didn't see the value... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PowahBOMB, May 27, 2020.

1. Formatted System Reserve Disk after a complete reset, decided to reset and keep all files...

I accidentally formatted the System Reserved Disk after I reset my whole PC. I tried to reset it again keeping all files and I didn't see the value change in the System Reserved Disk. It says 532MB free of 548MB. But when I check the disk management it says it's Healthy, Active, Primary Partition. Also beside my SSD there are two boxes, one is a Healthy Recovery Partition but all the space is free in that one. The last box is Unallocated with 469MB. What do I do to restore the System Reserve boot files? Did I mess up badly?

submitted by /u/PowahBOMB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PowahBOMB, May 27, 2020
  2. easylifer Win User

Failure to complete a system restore, system repair and system RESET.

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for anyone that helps.
    I am really troubled as I have been googling the hell out of this and trying many solutions with none of them working.

1) My pc first entered a loop when I tried to remove mcafee with their official remover. After the required reboot it could not enter windows no matter how time passed so I had to power it off.

2) Because I didn't like powering it off in the middle of something asking me NOT to power it off, I tried to system restore to a restore point 1 day prior to the event.
    The system restore failed and gave me this error I believe 0x80070091
    Googling to solve the problem asked me to rename the hidder windowsapps folder which requires some tinkering to do so. I tried to change the ownership and although I followed all the steps I could not rename this folder.
    3) I then decided to try a system repair instead. It also failed and gave me this error C:\Windows\system32\logfile\srt\srttrail.txt.
    Googling suggested that i do a chdisk or something on command prompt which I decided to not do before I backup my things since in the past I got wiped.

4) I backed up my computer and decided to do a windows 10 system reset. There are supposedly 3 options. A) reset but keep your files, B) reset but keep nothing and C) factory reset.
    Not all PCs have factory reset and mine neither. I did option B and when asked about the sub option of making a full clean drive ( to protect you from getting your deleted items retrieved by others) I chose the simple delete(chose to keep nothing but with a simple delete).

5) The reset was complete but it mentioned that it could not delete all the files properly.

I tried a system repair just to see if my pc is "proper" now but the system repair failed again without giving any error..... I quit at that point...

easylifer, May 28, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 28, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

Formatted System Reserve Disk after a complete reset, decided to reset and keep all files...

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Formatted System Reserve Disk after a complete reset, decided to reset and keep all files...

1. Formatted System Reserve Disk after a complete reset, decided to reset and keep all files... - Similar Threads - Formatted System Reserve

2. System & Reserve gobbling up all disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserve gobbling up all disk space: HiI am on Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17758.1. My OS is installed on a 1 TB SSDI have a very strange issue. When I see all the folders, including hidden files & directories, on C drive, it totals to about 335 GB. WinDirStat confirms it.However, explorer thinks I have...
  3. System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...: Please Help Me It was a dark snowy/rainy night last night, and I was preforming a System Reset w/ Keep My Files on my Desktop and at about 76% the power went out throughout my entire house. Many, many boring hours later when the power finally came back on the PC booted up...
  4. Inbox formatting keeps resetting

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Inbox formatting keeps resetting: Hello everyone, I really hope someone can help me with this frustrating situation, as I tried looking at so many different threads on the internet. I set up my MS Outlook Inbox view to my liking, selecting the fields to show and adjusting the widths. I saved the view as the...
  5. Recover files after format and reset W10

Recover files after format and reset W10: Hi! So, i have an toshiba HDD with windows 10. It was slow so i tried windows reset and option "fully clean the drive". It got stuck in a forever reboot so i had to took to a IT store and they formated the pc. Then i was able to enter. Since i bought a new pc, i gave this...
  6. System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer: [ATTACH] I was detected one of my partition of my PC, after restarting my pc, System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer. I want to hide it, and create a new partition for Unallocated space showing in Disk Management....
  7. Formatting then Resetting a Disk after Encryption - is it secure?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Formatting then Resetting a Disk after Encryption - is it secure?: Hi everyone, First of all I don't know anything about computers so this is probably a stupid question. So, sorry about that in advance. I am preparing my windows 10 laptop to be sold. I read online that a good way to prevent recovery of your sensitive data, including...
  8. file formats in win10 reset after Windows update

file formats in win10 reset after Windows update: The same thing happens to me every time Windows 10 updates: file formats associations get reset to defaults appliactions. Not all of them but some like JPG/JPEG, PHP, etc. Why this happens? Is it normal behaviour of Windows?...
  9. system 100% disk usage even after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system 100% disk usage even after reset: completely resetting my windows 10 laptop still doesn't help. laptop is: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC specs: x64 bit intel core i3-6006U, 4 cores, 2.00GHz 4 GB ram Windows 10 disk: WDC WD5000LPCX-60VHAT0...
  10. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...